𝟑. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐉𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

DEVON

DEVON

PRESENT

"ladies and gentlemen. private airlines welcome you to Meridian City. the local time is 5:15. for your safety and the safety of those around you, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened and keep the aisle clear until the doors are open. thank you." the flight attendant said as she gracefully smiled as she exited the room.

"hellooooo, are you even listening to me? DEVON!" Lexi snapped her fingers as I looked at her.

"no, lex, I was in pony land while you were talking," I said as I reached for the mimosa on the table that the flight attendant left just a while ago.

"as i was saying, moving the company's main headquarter to meridian city, we could lose some profit?" Lexi stated with confidence. she still was not really fond of my idea. for her, it would also mean facing the main problem in her life.

"I'm not running again lex. I'm here to claim what's mine," I said.

"and by the way, we've already set everything up so there's no going back," I said.

"you know we could have avoided all this and just stayed in peace in the comfort of our own homes?" she questioned with a hint of excitement in her tone. this was it. we were going to take the things that belong to us and we weren't gonna run from them.

lexi is my best friend. she is the one person I tell everything to. from boys to petty little things I've done. she never judges me because half the things I do are with her. she is the only person I knew would be there for me no matter what. we were like Bonnie and Clyde. of course if they weren't lovers. we just fit. out of all the people in my life she was the only person I could imagine being with for the rest of my life. growing old together while gossiping about the latest shit.

"no, no, no. we like chaos. that's what keeps us alive. we're here to take down anyone who ever wronged us." I said with her hand in mine. she nodded as the words got to her. that was what I liked about lex. she wasn't stubborn like me. she was open to ideas and she didn't let her pride get the best of her.

the flight attendant walked toward us.

"Ms. Isles, Ms. Campbell. we are ready to head out. this way please" she gestured us towards the door to exit

we stood up at the same time, grabbing our bags as we headed out the lounge area. we were flying private of course. the door to the hallway opened, the hallway leading to where the flight attendants were standing. one with light blonde hair and the other with a dark red.

"miss isles your belongings are in the cars, same for you miss Campbell." the redhead stated with a graceful smile. her dark blue suit brings out the blue in her eyes.

"it was a pleasure flying with you miss isles, have a safe trip," the blonde said as she wore the same smile.

"you too, have a good one," I said one last time before exiting the plane. the fresh air hitting me as soon as I step outside.  the weather was a bit cloudy. but I was glad. I loved cloudy weather. it didn't feel like it was draining me. I tightened the jacket around me as the December cold made me shiver.