prologue

Just along the outskirts of a quiet little town stood a large manor that looked to be as grand as a palace, with its tall stone walls and Navy blue tiled roofing, gold outlining every arch, window, and doorway. It wasn't a secret that those who resided in the manor were once orphaned. Each child within the estate had been adopted by a woman shrouded in mystery. In total twenty children, four staff members, and the lady of the manor herself had been the only occupants of Corvus Manor in the past six centuries. In truth it had only been within the last two centuries that the lady of the manor, Duchess Lydia Ambrosia had been summoned to this world.

She had spent one third of the first century fulfilling her summoner's request. Leaving her with nothing to do thereafter; the summon chose to venture the entire world she'd been brought to. Lydia had no desire to return to her original world. There was nothing there waiting for her to begin with; this was the perfect opportunity to have a new start. Near the end of her first hundred years, Lydia had entered a marriage of convenience to the Duke Allenon Fiodore. It was a loveless marriage used as a cover up, until Allenon died at the age of forty three. Not long after Allenon's death, Lydia relocated to a small frontier within eastern Romania.

It was there everything would change for the summon.

♠♠♠♠

Present day

Within the Corvus manor the sound of lively children filled the halls. The children's Mother was nowhere to be found and her absence left the manor in an uproar.

The eldest of the F-20 Caspian Fiodore paced around his bedroom, head filled with ideas on where his mother had gone. Remembering his aunt and cousins who lived not too far from the manor, he lit up. Grabbing a suitcase, he packed all that he needed for the journey, getting the attention of the manor's butler Seibas- an older gentleman in his early 50s-, Caspian requested that a carriage be prepared immediately.

Heading to the first floor, the youngest member of the F-20 Vale Fiodore collided with Caspian's leg. Kneeling down, he gently picked the three year old up and fixed her clothes. "Vale, you mustn't be so careless with your surroundings." With a gentle Boop to her nose, Caspian stood up and sighed. Leaving Vale here while everything was still so chaotic wasn't the best idea, and their mother definitely wouldn't be pleased.

Taking his youngest sister's hand, the young Dryad led the way. Entering Vale's bedroom, Caspian packed a small suitcase much like his own and smirked.

"Come Vale, we're going to visit Aunt Miranda."

"Do you think she knows where mommy is?" The small blonde asked as she clung to a stuffed rabbit. It was the same rabbit she'd been given on her first birthday, Jeffers.

Taking hold of Vale's hand once more, the young blue eyed man nodded. "I think she's bound to know something." He answered honestly.

Vale nodded and held onto her big brother's hand, as they made their way out of her room and to the first floor.

Before leaving Caspian gathered everyone's attention. He couldn't leave without warning, after all that was the very reason everyone had panicked to begin with.

Placing his calloused hand on Piper's shoulder, "You are in charge until mother or I return." Nodding the young redhead huffed, arms crossed over her chest. "Arlo will be our means of communication then. Mother hasn't ever done this before, so I'm worried about her, Ian." With the plan to ask their aunt and cousins about their mother's whereabouts, everyone within the household seemed to calm down. The well-being of their mother still at risk didn't sit right with several of the children. Namely Piper, as the second eldest, she was never one to be so open with her feelings. Not without reason. Their mother never just left without a word. Everyone within their town knew how much the Duchess treasured her children. Caspian gave his sister a soft smile, offering a nod in understanding. "Remember who our mother is. This world would sooner be torn to pieces before she ever let someone take her from us."

A statement as true as the sun setting in the west and rising in the east. Absolute was the only thing anyone could use to describe the love Lydia held for her children.

Without further delay Caspian and Vale departed to the village of shadows in the hopes of finding their mother.

♠♠♠♠

Within the winter bound village hidden away within the mountains a carriage sporting the Ambrosia crest road through the narrow streets towards the ever looming castle of Dimitrescu.

AN: I advise you to leave comments and tell me your thoughts. I'm always looking to improve, and would like to know what y'all think so far. As of this moment there is no set update schedule, though there will be one in the future. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

-Altair