chapter 2

Narrator:

The countess watched in fear as her aunt froze on the spot. Her mother had yet to pick up the phone when clouds began to form as the sky above darkened. A streak of lightning struck the church bell and Lydia had vanished into thin air. With a heavy sigh, she hung up the phone and called for one of her maidens. Writing a quick letter entailing the sudden events, she handed it off. "Take this to Mother Miranda urgently, Make haste!'' She ordered. The maiden bowed before quickly leaving, letter in hand.

Walking back out onto the veranda she held out her hand to the young boy. Alcina took to comforting Arlo, unable to stand by and watch fear consume him. As the skies continued to roar the both of them quickly went inside, Alcina calling for her daughters, muse, and cousins. With everyone gathered in the main hall, Arlo spoke up first.

"O-on my way back to give Piper the news.. These people showed up at the house." Swallowing thickly, he struggled to continue. The room stayed silent as Alcina rubbed his back soothingly. The eldest of the F-20 remained silent and still. Clearing her throat the countess spoke. "Aunt Lydia left to take care of it. Please be at ease, your siblings will be safe. While we wait I suggest you three stay here." She finished explaining.

Caspian gritted his teeth in anger before nodding silently. The young Dryad knew going wouldn't do anything good. He'd be in his mother's way, and that's if he even arrived in time to help. The room's gloomy atmosphere fell heavy. That was until Lydia appeared within the room carrying two of her children, Serenity and Isidore. Both children were set down before she vanished again without a word.

Bela quickly approached her second cousins. Leading them to the couch where Arlo sat with Caspian and Vale; Serenity jumped into Caspian's arms.

"Big brother Ian.. Mother she-" cutting her off, Caspian hummed softly, attempting to calm his younger sister down. Though her words caught Cassandra's attention. "Wait- what's wrong with auntie?" She asked, kneeling down next to the smaller girl. Serenity merely shook her head, before hiding it against her brother's chest. Isidore spoke up in his sister's stead. "Mother showed up out of nowhere. The people in black were caught off guard but started to attack once they realized what Mother was doing. It was no use… She got rid of them all.." The young boy trailed off, recalling what happened just moments before.

♣♣♣♣

Lydia appeared beside the cages her children were locked in within the blink of an eye. Her scarlet eyes turned an inky black as the whites in her eyes became crimson. As she moved to break the lock holding Isidore and serenity, one of the personnel dressed in black tactical gear spotted her.

Without sparing a moment, she dashed forward and pinned him to the ground, encasing his body in stone with a single touch. Her head snapped towards more of his kind and rushed them. As bullets flew in the air it was all in vain. Encasing everyone she could get her hands on, Lydia boiled in silence.

Not a word was spoken from the Duchess as she continued to get rid of those who sought to take her children.
One of the women called for backup, only to be turned to stone right after. Swiftly turning back towards the cages, she made her way through the grim sight of statues. The Duchess broke the lock and quickly took hold of her son and daughter. Giving the area a second glance she vanished.

The cameras on the vehicles of the intruders captured everything, sending out an automatic transmission for help. As the footage continued to roll, Lydia reappeared in front of one of the cameras. Taking hold of it, she crushed the tech before releasing the rest of her kin.

♣♣♣♣

"She's going to kill them all, and more are on their way." He managed as he shook his head clear of the sioldier's screams. Once again his mother appeared carrying two more.

Over the next thirty minutes castle dimitrescu had been filled with all twenty of the Duchess' children. In that time the countess had commanded her maids to prepare rooms for them, along with warm blankets. Each child seemed to be extremely shaken up, though the fact they knew their mother was taking care of everything seemed to keep them stable.

As Lydia appeared once again within the main hall, she looked over everyone in attendance. The summon visibly relaxed as she took into account that all her children were safe and physically unharmed. Gathering the F-20's attention, she cleared her throat. "Today's events were rather hectic, and I apologize for leaving you all without a word this morning. What occurred today will never happen again. I will be gone for the next several hours give or take.. You lot will remain here where it is safe." Authority leaked from Lydia's tone, giving her children no choice but to obey. The dark brunette turned her attention over to Cassandra. "Cass dearest, the amulet I gave you last year as a gift. Should anything happen, I want you to use it." Cassandra's eyes sparkled at this, with a nod she immediately swarmed away to grab it.

The Duchess made her way towards her niece and gave an apologetic smile. "I'm deeply sorry for the intrusion dear." The tall woman only shook her head. "No need to apologize. No one could've predicted this to happen. Mother should be on her way by now." Hearing this made the older grin.

"Good, it's been awhile since I've spent quality time with my darling baby sister."

Lydia's eyes shone as brightly as they were dangerous. The small woman clutched a badge she'd stolen from one of the many soldiers. The initials B.S.A.A embroidered into it.

As more members of the international organization were quickly dispatched to the Corvus Manor, Towns folk  began to whisper about their beloved Duchess and her precious children.

Miranda stood beside her bedroom window holding an infant. Alcina's letter in hand, with a dangerous glint in her cold blue eyes.

"Do you hear that my little Dove? Dia calls for me."