𝐱𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬...𝐧𝐨𝐭

WARNINGS: MENTIONS OF DEATH, BLOOD, TRAUMA AND ABUSE

Wednesday, December 25th:

Although it was supposed to be a festive and joyful occasion, everything felt grim to Artemis.

The cold and harsh weather didn't faze her, but the same couldn't be said for the lies she felt her mother had been telling her for years.

Everyone had been staying at the Seramore manor: Septrim, Blaise, Draco, Ophelia, Elijah and Klaus. Sapphire wasn't in attendance, but she sent many presents to make up for it as did Marcel.

When the Mikaelsons met Draco he was extremely standoffish, doing anything to not be around them. He didn't want to be in their company, to say the least. But the two brothers decided not to push him.

Draco stayed by his girlfriend's side over the last couple of days. Artemis had barely spoken to her mother, as she felt extremely uncomfortable around her, which was noticeable but Celeste blamed it on hormones.

The couple also informed Blaise about Artemis's realisation and the boy immediately believe his cousin.

Artemis simply didn't want to leave her room, due to wanting to ignore everyone around her, but it was hard to do with a house full of guests. She, fortunately, didn't have any nightmares. Daphne even wrote to her many times to remind her to burn sage which she did, even though it gained some curious looks from the various adults in the house.

Even Blaise and Draco were confused but refused to ask why she was doing what she did. They both knew that it was a sensitive time for the witch and just chose to support her, whether it was sleeping alongside her in her room, or making excuses for her as to why she wasn't present.

This Christmas was going to be as cold as the ice forming outside, although it was uncertain who was going to get shocked by the frosty news to come.

***

ARTEMIS'S ROOM:

As Artemis had finished getting ready, she turned to her boyfriend, who was already staring at her.

Draco couldn't take his eyes off of her, even when she wasn't in the room, his eyes always seemed to move to the door, almost like he was waiting for her to make her presence known.

He shuffled off the bed and stood in front of her with a wide smile.

"What's wrong?" he asked, after seeing her tense expression.

She pondered before responding, "I'm asking mum tonight."

His eyes widened briefly, "During dinner?"

"What, you think I should pick another time?" Artemis didn't want to keep her emotions bottled up anymore, she simply couldn't. She felt like they had been bubbling for a while and they were soon going to boil over and attack everyone in her vicinity.

Her father's death not only shaped her but changed her completely and she just wanted answers.

Draco cupped her face and traced her cheekbones with his thumbs, "Do what you want darling, I support you." he promised, staring into her pools of brown.

His words wrapped around her heart and squeezed it. Her feelings for him continued to grow, to the point she just smiled every time he was near.

"Thank you," she murmured and rested her head on his chest before he encircled his arms around her waist.

"You don't ever have to thank me." he muttered against the top of her head, squeezing her sides 3 times, to which she instantly returned the gesture.

They stood in a comfortable silence, attempting to calm themselves before dinner was ready. The day had gone as smoothly as possible; presents were opened and various jokes were shared, but Artemis's sullen mood didn't go unnoticed, especially not by Septrim, who felt like something would happen later tonight, he just didn't know what.