Obsession: REVISED (Preview)

Over at Akademi High, Ayano couldn't help but stare at her Senpai——Taro Yamada from behind one of the trees in the courtyard. She watched him sit on the fountain's edge as he appeared deeply invested in his book with cherry blossoms falling all around him, making senpai look even more dreamy than Ayano originally thought.

But enough standing around, Ayano had finally gained courage to engage in a conversation with her Senpai after admiring from afar. Which resulted in creating some odd expressions created by Ayano from being in Senpai's presence.

At first they were cute and innocent, but over time they became slightly weird and disturbing. Ayano would begin to bite her fingernails with half-lid eyes as her heart raced out of her chest.

Before anyone knew it, Taro shot up from his spot after being fed up with Ayano's presence that he'd turn his attention over towards her, and unintentionally draw the students in to witnesses the scene unfold by surrounding them.

"Um, excuse me! Would you please stop doing that? You're scaring me!" Taro cried, taking a step back with hands extended outwards.

Ayano gasped. "... n... n-no... w-wait..." She desperately tried to come up with a solution for this situation. Or even an excuse for her actions, but failed as she drop to her knees and hung her head in defeat. "I can never face my Senpai again." She said on the brink of snapping.

The light in her dark world has been ripped away.

Nothing mattered anymore.

She could see it now, killing everyone in the courtyard with her barehands.

Before saving senpai for last, and then herself.

"Wow, Taro. I didn't know you were such a heartbreaker." The voice of a young man caught everyone's attention. Even Ayano's as they watched the transfer student with (H/L), (H/C) walk past a group of girls that were once gossiping.

Simultaneously blush from the sight and presence of (F/N) (L/N) making his way Ayano. He stood in front of Taro with Ayano looking behind him.

"Their are easier ways to turn down a girl, but you just basically told this girl to 'fuck off'." (F/N) stated, motioning his hand over to Ayano on the ground. "Now look at her, she's on the ground because you broke her heart for fuck's sake. Take some responsibility dammit!" He said, glaring at Taro with a look of disgust.

Ayano couldn't believe her eyes and ears at the profound things leaving (F/N)'s mouth as she watched him told sending off. And she's not doing anything about it. She could easily use this to her advantage and restore Senpai's honor by defending him.

Which would then hopefully gain his trust or anything in return.

But surprisingly, Ayano didn't want to do any of that stuff. Not for Taro at least, not anymore. He's lost that purpose for breaking her heart and making her feel numb again.

So while (F/N) is occupied, she'll snap his neck, and then Taro's before lastly herself.

Instead, her body betrayed her and wouldn't allow her to move an inch off the ground. All she could really do is gaze at (F/N)'s backside with eyes as wide as saucers, and listen to his words as they were starting to make sense to her.

Taro did break her heart, and that left her feeling empty. She doesn't want to feel that way anymore.

Ayano began taking (F/N)'s words to heart and forgetting what Taro said.

Like nothing ever happened between them.

"I-I..." Taro trailed off, glancing over at the student's disapproved looks. Even his future love interests / rivals were displeased with him.

"You okay, Miss Aishi?" (F/N) asked, turning his back on Taro and facing Ayano with a warm smile before offering a hand to her.

The moment Ayano got to meet (F/N) face-to-face brought the life back in her dull eyes. Ayano didn't know what to do but stare directly into his (E/C) orbs for a long period of time. Only to then realize that she had been absentmindedly reaching towards his hand without her even knowing.

But jumped to the sensation of (F/N)'s strong hand wrap around hers, proving Ayano that history repeats itself with (F/N) bringing her back to reality as he carefully pulled her up to her feet.

"Let me know if this guy gives you any trouble, OK?" (F/N) requested, earning a small nod from the blushing yandere.

"Y-Yes... t-thank y-you..." Ayano said bashfully, looking at the ground to avoid eye contact. "U-Um... h-how d-do y-you k-know m-my n-name?" She asked, fidgeting on the spot with hands clasped.

"Hard to forget a pretty face." (F/N) replied, earning yet another blush to form across Ayano's face from his compliment. "See ya around." He said, before walking past Ayano with a handful of girls following him inside the school, and leaving most of the boys jealous as they started commenting on how they wished to be like him.

Meanwhile, the lovestruck yandere wanted to get close to (F/N). She wanted to know more about him. More than anybody else without hearing what others think.

"H-Hey! Ayano-!" Taro called out, attempting to make things right by speaking to Ayano.

But she wouldn't give him the time of day. Ayano completely ignored Taro and entered the school without looking back, leaving him alone in the courtyard as everybody has left for class.

"(F/N)-Senpai..." Ayano muttered, following the direction (F/N) took inside with her heart fluttering like never before.

Ever since that faithful day, Ayano had began stalking (F/N) outside of school for weeks. That she has now memorized his everyday routine by heart. But despite her efforts on keeping her distance and avoiding (F/N)'s line of sight. Ayano found herself bumping into him in the hallway on several occasions.

Where she would mentally curse herself for allowing herself to be caught off guard with each encounter, leaving her to avert her gaze whenever she's near him as it would result in her heart to skip a bear.

Hoping that (F/N) wouldn't notice, and unfortunately for her, he has. But what took Ayano by surprise is his comment on how cute she acts.

Which had Ayano blushing madly before looking away in embarrassment. Before having (F/N) comfort her by petting her head. Not that she's opposed to it. But quite the opposite. She loved the way his hand felt.

Like it belonged there.

But sadly it didn't last long when (F/N) retracted his hand and continued walking towards class. Ayano has to have him. Even if it's the last thing she does.

[ Coming Soon on AO3 ]