Chapter 7

"Well I don't really have one..." I said to them all sadly.

"Not even any parents..?" Amy asked me. I shake my head. They all looked saddened by my answer except for Shadow and Omega. Though to be fair Omega can't really give any facial expressions.

"Maybe you could stay with us!" Cream suddenly spoke. Shadow scoffed.

"Nonsense. We hardly even know this mobian. We have no reason to just let him stay with us." Shadow said while keeping his gaze on me. Sonic then seemed to think about something. Then he spoke.

"Well maybe we just need to get to know him more. Oh I know how about a game of baseball!" Baseball? I have never heard of such a game.

"Base? Ball? What is this game of base and ball you speak of?" I ask with confusion. 

"I can teach ya the basics. Come on I know a field not to far from here. Who wants to come?" Sonic asks the group. Shadow immediately says we'll pass but the rest of them agree to at least come. As we went there I looked up all about the sport in my head. Did I ever mention that I can look up countless things with the database in my head? Its quite handy. Tails ended up being the pitcher while I soon came up to bat. Though handling the bat didn't feel like a strong suit to me.

"Alright! Give him the heat Tails!" Sonic yells from his catch position. 

"I hope your ready for my fastball!"

"Well your fastball will be um... hit... well. Was that suitable trash talk..?" I ask Sonic who had talked about trash talking just for some good rivalry.

"Eh you'll get there. Your not as bad as Silver I'll give you that." I heard Silver yell "hey from far away as I got into my stance. I felt quite a bit uncomfortable I will be honest. After I bunch of different moments that I honestly don't know how to describe he ended up throwing the first pitch right past my swing. Hm... I don't think this will work for me. Perhaps I should try something else. Tails soon got ready for another pitch and as it came to me I stopped my batting stance and proceeded to hit it as hard as I could with one of my fists. Due to my strength I hit it so hard it went through the scoreboard. 

"HAHA! I DID IT! I HAVE WON THIS GAME OF BASE AND BALL" I ran around the bases with a very happy expression as I heard Cream and her chao Cheese cheer for me.

"I think that was our only ball but hey nice one, Ben!" Sonic gave me a fist bump. 

"Aw cmon! That shouldn't count." Tail wined.

"Better luck next time fox boy. But that was a fun game of base and ball." I shook Tail's hand. 

"Not going to lie I wasn't expecting that. The last time that happened was when we introduced Knuckles to the sport." I looked at Knuckles and took a look at his fists. I could see why he would attempt such a thing.

"I see. Well I wouldn't have attempted such a thing if I didn't have such strength."

"How are you that strong anyways?" Knuckles asked me. "I could get used to another member with the strength on our team."

"Oh just plenty of training. Plenty of that hehe..." I laugh nervously. That wasn't a complete lie. I will be honest I wasn't so sure how I had the strength I had or all the chaos energy I could control. But I have trained here and there on my time to myself.

"So does that mean I can join the resistance?" I asked him since I heard he was the leader of it.

"Oh course. Lets head back. We can celebrate this with ice cream."

"Ice cream?" I ask cluelessly.

"You don't know what ice cream is?" Silver asked me. 

"Not at all."

Soon after we came back to the base. One problem. Being a robot means I can't really eat anything.

"Um... I'm not really hungry." 

"Come on! We got to right this wrong. We can't have someone go without ever tasting ice cream in their life." Sonic said as he gave me a cone.

"You shouldn't force him to eat something he doesn't want, faker." I heard Shadow say from a far. He had always been around since the baseball thing. He was just brooding as Rouge described.

"Come on Shadz. Don't be a downer."

"Don't call me that..." Sonic then turned back to me. 

"Come on try it."

"Well... I... um you see..." I stutter with my words... "I really don't- Suddenly alarms went off signaling a Eggman attack. This startled me and I dropped my cone. Oddly enough that was a relief...

"I guess you'll have to try it some other time. Cmon team. Time to scramble Eggheads forces!" Sonic proclaimed loudly. 

"AFFFIMITIVE. EGGMAN'S ROBOTS WILL BE ANNIHILATED." Omega loudly boomed.

"It appears his robot are all around our base. It seems we may have to split up to beat him." Knuckles spoke to all of us while looked at some sort of radar. 

"Alright. Myself, Tails,  and Knuckles will cover one side. Silver, Amy and Cream can cover another and Shadow, Rouge and Omega can cover the other one." Sonic says to us.

"What about me? I would also like to help." I asked him.

"Well why don't you decide." I can choose who to assist? Hm...

(Guess who gets to decide. You guys do. If enough people comment that is. Shall B-3N go with Team Sonic, Team Silver of Team Dark?)