house in the suburbs and a golden fucking retriever

No, Kie never bothered to delete Rafes number. She didn't even delete Sarah's number, in fact, Sarah was the one to block her on all social media like a petty little bitch.

Still, she didn't expect that name to ever pop up on her phone again. Rafe C, a mocking of the name people called his Father around town, the last name so well known you didn't even need to fucking spell it out.

She hurried away from the campfire, only picking up the phone when the boys were out of hearing distance.

"What do you want", Kie said.

Rafe hesitated for a while, caught off guard by Kiara actually picking the fuck up.

"I'm at the country club", he finally said.

"Okay, cool", Kiara replied, digging her feet into the dry soil and when Rafe didn't follow up. „Goodbye"

"I drank so fucking much"

Kie was the one not to answer this time, just glanced over to the pogues, listened.

"Come pick me up?"

"What?", she laughed.

"Can you pick me up", Rafe repeated.

"Yeah, you definitely had too much if you think I'm-"

"I'll just drive myself, alright", Rafe interrupted. "Just that what you said by the beach made me think, alright, I really am a hypocrite. I shouldn't drive, okay"

"Yeah, walk", Kie replied.

"Look at you, acting all mean again", Rafe chuckled, shaking his head. "You could've just ignored my call"

"Right, actually, I'm hanging up", Kie teased, she teased like a goddamn whore. If she wasn't one, she would've just hung up for real.

"You know, I just wanted to give it a try but alright Kie, alright, I'll drive myself, alright, don't fucking worry bout me, yeah", Rafe said, getting up from the stairs in front of the Country Club he'd been sitting on, trying hard to hide his excitement over Kiara acting like little whore, all for him.

"Don't be stupid", she said.

"No, it was stupid calling you, okay, sorry, I just thought we left on good terms-" Good fucking thing you couldn't see smiles through the phone.

"We were never on good terms"

"Right, sorry, again, okay, I'll just- I'll just drive slow, alright", Rafe nodded, jiggled with the keys in his hand.

"Sit down and wait"

"What?", Rafe grinned and got hung up on, grinned some more, pulled out his coke and stuck the car key into the baggy to get out a bump.

His smile was one big goddamn grimace of smugness when he opened the door to Kie's car and slipped in, didn't say a word, just dumbly grinned from one ear to the other, didn't need to say a word.

"Don't throw up in my car", Kie said.

"Not the throwing up kind", Rafe assured and flipped his hand in the air.

"Put your seat belt on." Kiara's attempts to appear cold were almost amusing.

"Ha ha", Rafe made and Kie just stared back quietly. Her eyes always got a little glossy when she squinted them, tried to look mad. "Shit, you're serious", Rafe noticed and put his seatbelt on, chuckling to himself. Not even Ward asked him to put a goddamn seat belt on.