Chapter 7: Home Sick

Megatron held up a random human he found and squeezed, ignoring the sounds of pain that it was making.

"Let him go!" Bulkhead growled, pointing his blaster at the warlord.

"You wouldn't dare shoot me while a defenseless human is in grasp, would you?" He taunted, waving the human in front of them with a grin.

Option glared. "That human is not a part of our war, Megatron. Let him go."

Megatron pretended to consider the offer for a moment before he laughed and squeezed tighter. "Pass! Hand over your relics."

The Autobots exchanged looks before reluctantly dropping their weapons to the ground. Quickly, the vechicons snatched them up.

Megatron smirked. "Foolish Autobots. You are hopeless in this war. On a planet so plentiful with meat. Too soft to finish the job."

Arcee growled. "They might be."

Megatron roared in fury as she shot him directly in the chest. The warlord stumbled back and dropped the human civilian to the ground.

"You have gone too far, Megatron!" Optimus stated, leveling his sword at Megatron's neck cables.

Megatron snarled. "You are weak! Cybertron would be doomed under your rule!"

"I would not rule-"

Megatron didn't catch the rest of Optimus's lame excuse as Soundwave dropped him through a groundbridge and back into the Nemesis.

"My lord! Do you require-"

Knockout was cut off as Megatron shoved his face into the wall angrily and walked away.

"My face!" Knockout whisper yelled to himself before running to the med bay in horror.

Megatron growled and marched to his berthroom, swinging open the door. He immediately located Roxy laying on her back on his nightstand.

"Your plan failed, child." He snarled, walking toward her. "The Autobots still attacked me, despite the human in my grasp."

Roxy did not respond.

Megatron growled again. "Do not give me the silent treatment. Remember who I am and what I can do."

Roxy continued to face away from him and Megatron stepped up to the nightstand in annoyance.

"What is your malfunction?" He demanded.

Silence.

Megatron picked up the human and frowned. She was limp in his grasp, completely unconscious, despite the jostling motions he had made. Megatron shook her lightly.

"Wake up." He ordered.

Roxy did not.

He huffed and turned around, disregarding the new datapad sitting on his berth. Megatron found his way back to Shockwave's lab and dropped the human on the table.

"It's broken." He stated, looking at the scientist for an explanation.

"Did Knockout not bring your datapad to your berthroom?" Shockwave questioned.

"Does it matter?" Megatron demanded. "Fix the human."

Shockwave picked her up. "I am unable to do so."

"Why?"

Shockwave stared at Megatron. "The human's body has been infected with dark energon. First by radiation, which did not seem to have caused any damage. Although, it did seem to have helped her build a resistance to when it somehow entered her system."