Book 2: Chapter 1: Stuck in the Past

Apologies. I was going to write a sequel, but it hasn't been going well.l and I'm leaving Wattpad soon. I was making my unfinished stories book and I thought it would be better to include the sequel here instead of over there, where it would be difficult to find, so enjoy.

Summary:

Roxanne Holister was a bitter woman.

It had been five years since she'd last seen Megatron sulking around in the dark corners of Cybertron. After he left her, she'd felt betrayed, confused, but more than anything, she'd been angry. Angry at him for leaving and at herself for thinking that anyone would accept her for who she was. That anyone ruthless would stay that way for long. First her father, and now her friend.
After she'd escaped Optimus Prime's suffocating kindness, Roxy made her way back to Earth, trying to find refuge in the kind of life she had lived before that accursed day Megatron crashed into her junkyard. But it wasn't enough. The gaping holes left her in heart needed to be filled and Roxy wouldn't dare try love again. This time, she'd end the pain with a bullet.
A bullet to the head of any person who crossed her path.
A bullet to the helm of the traitor, Megatron.

Actual Chapter 1:

Blue optics.

Roxy turned her head, looking up at the massive silver frame standing before her. His gaze was on her and he stepped forward cautiously. Her breath caught in her throat.

"Roxy, I-"

She scoffed. "It takes you five years to work up the nerve to let me back in?"

"I didn't know you were-"

"I'm good." She held up her hand. "Close the bond again, Megatron. I don't need you anymore."

A look of pain flickered across his faceplates. "I'm sorry, I-"

"I'm done!" Roxy snapped. "Let me out."

Megatron looked at her for a moment more before nodding. He took a step back and stood up. The world around her began to fade, replaced by darkness.

Roxy opened her eyes and was greeted by a thick black cloud of smoke in the night sky. The stench of gunpowder lingered in her nostrils.

Sitting up slowly, Roxy winced, bringing a hand to her side, where her clothes had been torn away, revealing burns littering the edge of the midsection. She scowled and looking around warily.

The building was in shambles, falling apart and burning. Screams of terror filled the air, along with the wails of sirens and cries of parents looking for their children.

Nobody seemed to have noticed her, laying not far from the scene of the crime. Roxy grimaced and stood, glancing around for any cops who might look her way. At first sight, she might have appeared to be just another victim of the explosion, and in a way, she was.

But the burns on her body didn't change the fact that she was the one who built the bomb.

Clutching her side and limping away from her masterpiece, Roxy went over the dream she'd had after being knocked out by the explosion. Megatron had contacted her again.

It was the second time he'd tried to speak to her since the day he abandoned her with Optimus Prime. The first time had been after she'd escaped to Earth. He'd tried to convince her to turn herself in; it was a request that she condemned.

That had been five years ago.

She'd been on her own for years now and he hadn't bothered to mess with their bond in even the slightest. She wondered why he bothered now; Roxy had thought he would have forgotten about her by now.