Chapter 4.2

The door to the bathroom I was in flew open and I screamed, followed by the screams of the guy standing at the door.

"Serenna? Why is there a man in our bathroom?" he yelled, his judging gaze never leaving my person. I suddenly felt more embarrassed than scared, his eyes were moving up and down every part of my skin that was noticeable from the top of the tub. Which was a lot, since the size of the tub was for someone like Serenna, not at all someone of my size. My hands left my head as I self-consciously moved them to bring my legs to my chest to feel at least a little covered, less naked in a sense. I bit my bottom lip and awkwardly moved my head away from him, refusing to have our eyes meet, my feet quickly moving up and down, which made the water splash a little. I then started to nervously play with the said bottom lip, moving it into funny positions, biting and licking, sucking and puckering. While I was busy doing that, I let my mind wander a little only to come to a shocking realization.

Didn't he look an awful lot like Serenna's brother?

I finally looked at him, about to investigate, when in the door stood Serenna.

"Vince! What have you done?" she said, taking his hand away from the door handle.

"ME? There's a stranger in our bathroom!" he pointed a finger at me, my body curling inside a bit more. I now knew that he was, in fact, Serenna's older brother, Vince. He did look slightly different than he did in the family picture, but the resemblance was uncanny.

"I'll explain later, now leave him alone," she grabbed him away, pushing his body into the hall, "sorry, Azon. You can continue," and with a smile, she slammed the door so loud I jumped but decided to not pay it any mind and simply continue as if nothing happened.

***

"Uhmm, hello?" I said as I walked into the living room of Serenna's house, noticing her whole family sitting around the table, steaming cups either in their hands or on the table itself. All their heads turned in my direction and I felt nervous again.

"Hey! You're looking amazing!" yelled Serenna, got up from her place on the couch, and took my hands, leading me to sit next to her. From the nerves, I started playing with the hem of the shirt I was given. It was completely different from my normal clothes, which only worsened my anxiety. Not at all did I feel like the powerful pirate I was, more like the little boy who I was before all this. Scared and alone, barely surviving from day to day. Vulnerable.

"And who might this young lad be?" asked the man who I remembered to be Serenna's father. He seemed strong, yet he looked like he was shorter than me.

"This is-"

"I was asking him, not you, Serenna. So if you will," he motioned with his hand and I swallowed dryly.

"Good morning, sir. My name is Azon Capell and I've-"

"Azon Capell? The captain of Rivage? Rivages Perdus?" that surprised me. Serenna's father knew of me and my crew, my ship, and most definitely also all of my doings. I knew I was well known, yet I did not expect to be recognized on a secluded island, most probably very far from my home.

"Yes, that would be me," I answered bashfully. Now fully aware of the fact that these people might know a lot about me.

"How come you are here? Shouldn't you be sailing the seas?" now asked his wife, really looking as beautiful as she did in the picture. Her question made me remember that I, in fact, have failed as a captain and as a friend. I was not able to save them or stop the accident from happening. Maybe I was really not ready to lead my own crew yet and Zeus was wrong in every way he could. I tried hard not to show my true feelings, not really seeking their pity right now.

"There was an accident on the sea, and I woke up here days later," my explanation wasn't very great, but it was hopefully enough to have them not ask any more questions.

"Oh, well then I hope Serenna didn't give you any trouble," her father gave a hearty laugh and put his hand on Serenna's shoulder, the sound of their skin coming into contact very loud.

"Not at all, sir! She's a good child-"

"I would think so! She's mine after all!" now he laughed very loud. I didn't enjoy being around this man as much. He was loud and didn't let people finish their sentences. He was rude.

"Yeah, I hope I'm not too much trouble. I will try to leave as soon as I can," that was true. I did want to leave soon. Not because I disliked being there, but because I wanted to go home, get back to the seas and forget about everything that happened.

"No, no! It is perfectly alright. You can stay as much as you need," said Serenna's mother and slid one of the cups in my direction. With a quick look around, I noticed that this must've been for me as everyone else had one. With a quiet "thank you" I took the cup and put it to my lips, the sweet aroma hitting me immediately. It smelled like the fruit Serenna gave me, but even better. Excitedly, I finished half the cup in one gulp.

"I'm Merida, Fluss, nice to meet you," said Serenna's sister once I put the cup down. Her hand was just above my cup. I nervously shook it.

"Yes. I'm Azon Capell, nice to meet you, too," her hands were very soft and she wore many different bracelets and rings. Maybe we could exchange some. Over the years, I was able to make many exchanges with people I saw on my voyages, and I always welcomed new accessories.

"Vince," said the guy who was sitting behind Merida. I didn't see him that well from my place on the couch because of Merida's curly hair. She must've gotten it from her father, who also had a very curly hair-do on top of his head. No hand came from Vince, though, so I only nodded my head.

"Azon," I answered back after a second, the awkward introductions now finally over.

"Let's just enjoy the tea,"

+more in chapter 4.3+