Yeji - The Manager

*Ring* *vibration* *Ring* *vibration*
Y/n pov
Swiftly sticking my arm out of the covers, to stop the shrill noise of the alarm that woke me up at 5am. I lie there for a brief moment contemplating why I chose this career, with these break of dawn starts. Well.... the idols and actors or actresses I work for come first and I try to keep as professional as I can, no matter what time of day I must be called upon.

Today marks the start of a new challenge, being hired by JYP entertainment, a rather big company. I have been asked to multitask, in the sense; the role of security (which is my specialty) aswell as managerial tasks, for a fresh up an coming girl group rising in popularity called Itzy.

Whatever job I get, I always do some research on the assignment. So when I got this, I consulted Google generally only for the basics, faces, names and ages mainly so I don't go in blind. I had heard of them and I knew they consisted of 5 members, but I didn't know names and...... 'jesus their maknae is young, 2003!?' I was surprised while clicking and scrolling about. After a short while locking my phone I hopped out of bed, sauntered my way to the shower. Quickly jumping in to wake myself up. After drying myself off I put on some smart casual clothes, as its the first day. Walked through to the kitchen to grab a quick bite, then brushed my teeth and left for the day.

Arriving in my car to the company, I pulled into a parking space and headed to the entrance. Nerves had crept up on me, first days are always the worst. Walking through the rotating doors heading towards the reception desk to check in, a woman suddenly looked up from behind the desk. "Hello, can I help you" she said in a friendly tone.
"Yes, I'm new here. I'm the new security for Itzy" I replied.
"Ah yes, can I have your full name and can I see some ID please" she said back to me.
As I looked in my wallet and pulled out my drivers license. "My name is Y/N L/N and here is my ID" I said clearly. She tapped on the keyboard on the computer in front of her while she took a peek up at your drivers license. "Great! here is your company ID, please keep it with you at all times in the building and head of security should be down in a minute. If you want to take a seat over there" she said as she pointed to a small section of comfortable looking chairs. "Thank you very much" I said cheerily.

It didn't take long before I hear the elevator ding and out comes a very tall man looking very much like he would work in security. The black cargo pants, chunky boots, long sleeved sweater with the added military style cap. Standing up I greeted the man "hello" while doing a small bow to which he returned.
"You must be the new security?" He questioned. "Let's go, come with me I will show you the head security office briefly and then take you to the girls" he said rather monotone. 'Sheesh did it hurt to have a bit of personality' ofcourse I said that in my head. He looks like it wouldn't take much to piss him off. I followed behind him to the elevator as he pressed the button to go up, it was pretty silent and awkward but luckily it didn't take long to move up the floors.

*ding*
The doors slide open and we head down the corridor to a door which had a sign on it saying 'security'. The man slid his ID badge down the card slot of the pad beside the door and he swung it open. His voice did nothing for me, I was struggling to take in much, but the professional I am, I persevered with whatever he was saying. Short and sweet introductions, he took me out of the room and back to the elevator pressing the button to go even higher up the building. Suddenly opening his mouth to speak "Hopefully you will be better than the last two we had. They didn't last long. Let's just say they were not up to par and they were removed pretty quickly". I couldn't tell if that was a threat or if he really did just hope I was good enough. "Don't worry, you hired the right person I promise" I replied as he turned around to look at me.

The elevator came to a standstill and again the doors slid open. Wandering down a different corridor that looked exactly the same only this time you noticed the signs on the doors, one said 'Bobby Brown' the next said 'Madonna' I was sensing a pattern when we stopped outside the room that said 'Michael Jackson'. The man knocked and swung open the door. As I looked around the room that had giant mirrors on two of the walls and a sofa along a different wall, bright lights, I noticed a couple of people lounging on the sofa, other managers or staff I presume. I turned some more and saw the five girls in their sweats and various tops in front of the huge mirror, looked like they were just finishing off stretching, two were on the floor and the other three standing, all in different poses.