Chapter 12

Ryan's P.O.V

I wake up to my phone blowing up with messages on Instagram. There was an anonymous post of me and Darren at the park yesterday.

What the fuck?

The caption was: Ryan Nguyen is gay? Lost of people from school messaged me asking if this is true. Kane texted me also asking about the picture. There was a knock on my door. My little sister, Eva opened the door.

"Ry...mom's here and she wants to talk to you"

"Okay"

This can't be good. I walk into my mother's office. She was in her chair with some tea.

"Hi mother"

"Sit."

Geez the attitude! "You wanted to talk to me?"

"Explain this son."

She took out printed screenshots of the Instagram post of me and Darren.

"Mother I—"

"Gay? I find this hard to believe!" She raised her voice

"Mother he's my friend and I have a girlfriend" I said

"I know. Stephanie isn't it? She's the one who alerted me"

"Stephanie? But why?"

"Ryan. I didn't raise you to embarrass me. Either you stay away from this boy. Or you can pack your things and get out. It's your call."

I couldn't believe this. My mother was gonna kick me out.

"You have until the end of the day son. Make your choice."

My thoughts were restless, I couldn't just pick up my bags and go. Where would I go? I thought of my little sister she'll be all alone. My breathing started to get faster and I curled up against a nearby wall. I thought of Darren, I just made things right with him. Then I thought of what everyone would say if I began dating Darren. I didn't want to make a choice, but I had to. Taking out my phone and sending one final text to Darren. I went to my mother's office and when she saw me, she leaned back in her chair.

"Have you made your choice son."

I took a deep breath "I'll stop seeing the boy"

My mother nodded her head "Bring your girlfriend over for dinner. I want to see her."

I stormed out of her office, knowing she won't take no for an answer.

Darren's P.O.V

The next morning I woke up to a message from Ryan and one from Justin. The one from Ryan confused me saying "I'm sorry". The one from Justin caught my attention. His text read "Darren...you need to see this..." I scrolled to see a link to Instagram and when I clicked on it, it was a picture of Ryan and Stephanie kissing. The caption said "Dinner with my boyfriend ❤️"

What?

I rushed outside my house to see the guys who waiting for me. They all had that look of pity.

"Darren—" Oli tried saying

"Let's go to school" I said

Anger was beginning to bubble. Pulling up to the school, I jumped out of the car not waiting for anyone. I didn't care about anything at this point. I went to Ryan's usual spot and didn't see him anywhere. I kept searching until I went to the bathroom and Stephanie and Ryan pulled apart. Ryan's lips were slightly red due to the lipstick.

"Ryan?" I croaked trying to hold back tears

"What the hell fag!" Stephanie said

"Ryan, what is this?" I asked

"Just get out! You ruined our make out session!" Ryan said shoving me aside as he left

Stephanie came towards me with a smirk "You see Ryan would never be with a fag like you. Stay away from him. Got it?"

I was left in the bathroom feeling confused. Regie and Kane entered the bathroom.

"Darren...are you okay?" Regie asked

"No!" I said tears running down my face "I thought he wasn't with her anymore!"

"Regie says you like Ryan" Kane said

"Yes, but he made his choice"

"Fuck his choice!" Regie said "C'mon Kane"

They left and Justin arrived and engulfed me into a hug.

Regie's P.O.V

That motherfucker has turned a different corner. I'm talking about Ryan. First he liked Darren, then he's with that bitch. I found him outside with Stephanie at his side.

"Bruh we need to talk" I said then looking at Stephanie "Do you mind?"

She went somewhere else and Ryan looked at me as if I was crazy.

"What's up man?" He said

I scoffed "What's up? What's with you? What happened to getting with Darren?"

"Shush! I don't want Stephanie to hear!"

"Nah. This isn't like you. Is she forcing you or something?"

"Ryan can we go?" Stephanie interrupted

"Can you fuck off?" I said trying to get to Ryan

He tried to square up "Hey bro back off my girl!"

"I can beat your ass and you know it" I said giving him a death stare

"Regie" Oliver called out

Ryan and I turned to Oliver as he took my arm and lead me out. Oli inched closer to Ryan and said "You messed up big time"

Ryan's P.O.V

Stephanie grabbed my hand and harshly pulled me into the nearest empty hallway.

"Your friends are acting like they know something. What did you tell them?"

"I didn't tell them anything! What do you want me to do!" I said tired of her whining

"Tell your friends to leave us alone!"

"I can't tell them that!"

"Well figure it! If not the tape is going up!"

"Alright! Give me until tomorrow!"

We went to our classes, which thank god we're not in the same class. There was an empty seat next to Darren. When I sat there he switched with Justin and he gave me a glare.

Well I'm back to square one with Darren.....