foreword

Birthday's had never been Wren Kelley's thing.

They weren't celebratory, they weren't exciting, they were bad omens. Wren Kelley knew that when she was six, she knew it when she was ten, and she damn sure knew it now.

She assumed, at least, that this birthday, the big sweet sixteen would be her final one. Because if the fall didn't kill her, whatever the hell lied at the bottom of that chasm definitely would.

         Wren Kelley was almost one hundred percent sure that the real reason she fell down that pit to Tartarus was because she threw off the natural order of the world when she decided she didn't hate Percy Jackson as much as she used to - or at...

         Wren Kelley was almost one hundred percent sure that the real reason she fell down that pit to Tartarus was because she threw off the natural order of the world when she decided she didn't hate Percy Jackson as much as she used to - or at all.

For almost five years the two demigods had lived in a comfortable sort of animosity. Something in her life went wrong? Oh, that was Percy's fault. Percy had stormed into Canoe Lake and had yet to reappear? Oh, that was definitely because of Wren. That's just how it was, and neither felt any need to change something that had been that way for so long.

He wasn't sure why it happened, why the constant arguments and steely glares he shared with her suddenly became more of a comfort than bother. She wasn't sure how it happened, how he managed to slip through the cracks of the walls she built around herself, the walls that she thought for so long were impenetrable.

Maybe if she just hadn't let him in, none of this would have happened. That's what Wren told herself as they fell because surely... surely this was al her fault. She lunged after Annabeth, she got stuck on the webs, she was the one supposed to die for this godsforsaken quest.

But there was no going back from this. And for all the two demigods knew, there wasn't even a way out.

as always, any and all creative rights for original plots and characters of the percy jackson world go to rick riordan and his publishing team. any and all original plot and characters are my own!

y'all know the drill, my books are always rated mature! so here is the official trigger warning!!
- traumas and ptsd, sexual themes, cussing, violence, blood, fighting, and deeper themes that some may find uncomfortable.

wren kelley is back, bitches!!

time to sit down, buckle the fuck up, and get ready for this ride!

thank you again for all of your support!!

xoxo,
LEIGH