Chapter III

Alright, everyone. Sorry for the long wait. Because AOT was on a long break forever, I didn't feel inspired at all to write any of my Attack on Titan fanfics, but it's back and I'm writing! So no flames or I will be forced to get the fire extinguisher! Leave tons of comments and I hope you enjoy!
~~~~~~~

"LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT! EREN, HELP ME!" Armin yelled from the cell. "God, the kid has some set of pipes," muttered a guard. "At least you didn't get bitten by him," the other guard murmured spitefully as he nursed his wounded hand.

The first guard rolled his eyes, "You're a man, suck it up," he grunted. "This is why I don't want kids," the second guard grumbled. The door opened and two men walked in. "Sir!" the two guards yelled as they saluted. "Leave us," the taller of the two ordered. "Sir!" the two guards said as they walked out.

"So, Levi, this is the kid that can talk to Titans?" the taller man said. Levi nodded, "Correct. When we found him, he was with a Titan he called Eren," he replied. "Giving a Titan a human's name? Now I've heard it all," the taller man muttered thoughtfully. Levi nodded, "What do you suggest we do? All he wants to do is get back to his Titan," he said.

"He's just a boy, Levi, he doesn't know better," the taller man said. "Erwin, this brat was able to communicate with a Titan. Should we give him to Hanji or something?" Levi asked. Erwin sighed and knelt down to Armin's level. "I'm Erwin, and who are you?" he asked. "Armin Artlert, now let me go," the blonde boy said rudely. "Sorry, Armin, but this is for your own protection," Erwin said softly.

"You attacked Eren! Why should I trust you?" Armin said hotly. "If you cooperate with us, you'll be able to apply for the Scouts, a division that goes outside the walls and combat Titans," Erwin said. Armin perked up a little and looked at the two. "What are you two playing at?" he asked with narrowed eyes. "We aren't playing at anything, kid. If you like Titans so much, then who are we to deny you to get up close with them?" Levi said.

Armin thought about it for a few moments, before nodding. "I'll only put up with it so I can get out of these walls... and maybe find Eren," he said. "Look here, kid, I killed that Titan. It's gone," Levi said. "Not Eren. He is special and wouldn't just die like any other Titan," Armin said stubbornly. Levi scoffed. "Damn kid," he said under his breath.

Erwin watched as both males bickered like little kids. "Stop arguing, you two. Now, Armin, tell me about yourself," he said kindly. Armin stared at the two outside of his cell for a few minutes. "Not while he's here," he said with an edge to his voice as he pointed at Levi.

Erwin nodded, "Levi, go get some sleep," he ordered. Levi glared at his commander. "I'm fine, I don't feel tired," he said. "Go get some sleep," Erwin repeated again, more firm in tone. Levi glared at Erwin again, before exiting the room.

Erwin sighed and pulled up a chair. "So, tell me about Eren," he said. Armin looked at him surprised but quickly recovered himself. "What exactly do you want? What's your game?" he asked angrily. "I have no alternative objective, Armin. I just want to give you a chance to see that mankind isn't as dark as you were led to believe," Erwin said.

Armin's demeanor shifted. His eyes seemed to darken. "Titans, humans, and animals all have a dark side they cannot escape. Nothing can escape from the darkness within its heart," he said as if he was reciting something. Erwin raised one of his huge eyebrows questioningly. "That was a pretty deep statement, Armin. Were you the one that came up with it?" he inquired.

Armin shook his head, "No, Eren taught me the way of human nature," he said. "That Titan taught you? Like Math and English?" Erwin asked. "Yep, he even brought me a few books from the rubble of Wall Maria," Armin said. "Interesting, I bit Hanji would get a kick out of this," Erwin mused. "I would never let that crazy scientist harm Eren," Armin said protectively.