/ 2 \

Two girls around twelve skipped merrily through a meadow. They twirled and spun in the beautiful shower of sunlight. The clouds that day were clearer than ever and the sky was excellently blue. You could hear the gentle breeze carry their laughter for miles. Occasionally, the chirping of birds, soaring the sky in aligned rows. Nothing felt anything less than magical between the clear bond the girls shared with the excellent weather and meadow.

They found their way to a beautiful patch of daisies beside a barrier of trees that enclosed the area. The ginger head held up a Daisy to the other, her eyes glimmering with a childish grin.

"Promise me we will be besties forever?", she whispered. She put the Daisy into the ground trying to replant it. The other girl plucked an identical flower and placed it beside the replanted flower.

"Promise" she held up her pinkie for the ginger head, who in turn locked pinkies with her, giggling at their cute bond.

I opened my eyes to find myself, sweating face first in the bed. Crap. Those dreams were getting frequent; I need to rest from all the stress I'm experiencing recently. I looked up to my wall clock and it read three. Yeah, I need another chocolate bar-

Oh my goodness I overslept. I am going to miss the greatest event in WWR wrestling if I don't bolt out of this place now. I swung my knapsack over my shoulder and dashed for my window. Technically, my chances of not getting caught are 50-50, so why not take the risk?

I jumped out of my first-story window and landed in the bushes under it. Getting to the pack walls without being noticed was a feat I hoped I could complete. They were fenced practically like castles with a weird prison aura. I hate that feeling.

The easiest exit available was an abandoned gate. I wonder how no one noticed it. The thing was covered in vines that grew around every inch of its rusted frame. It also had a teeth-gritting creak when it was swung open.

If I said I cared about the poor security measures my father made, there's a chance I'm lying.

Once I stepped outside my pack's borders, the calming spring breeze took over my senses. Birds in trees talked to each other in clear melodies.

"Please I want to go for a run, Hazel" I'm sure the environment alone was a guilty pleasure for Ivy. Wasting no time, I stripped behind a tree and was on all fours in seconds. Ivy leaped in joy and leaped for every flower that was in sight. In a minute, she picked up my bag and ran through the trees at the speed of light.

The wind whipped through my fur with the peaceful grace of ribbons. It gave me the feeling of spring as a child playing in fields with a purely curious mind. Diving into my thoughts did take away a bit of my anxiety about lateness. Just thinking about the splendors of childhood were-

Not now- memories can wait. I need to be serious, I can't miss this for the world.

Ivy slowed down at a clearing of trees as the sky started to fade into the night. Shouts of determination and the thin scent of sweat signaled we reached the stadium. Before I shifted, I felt the presence of something wavering around me. I closed my eyes, letting my mind waver through the trees. I immediately located the presence of a hidden camera in a tree branch, which Ivy leaped onto and snapped within seconds. Like they could try.

I quickly opened my knapsack after shifting back to my human form. I wore its contents quickly: a black jumpsuit with long sleeves and a strapped belt, a hooded cloak, and a tie-on mask that showed only my eyes and my mouth. I walked around the forest till I came to a wide paved gateway with the most exotic cars lined up in the front of golden gates. Many official wolves chatted around vehicles, and I avoided as little attention as a few stares while approaching the gates. At the front, two men in suits held a clear iolite plate.