/ 4 \

It has been a few hours, but this man had the embodiment of depression on his face. His sunken eyes widened in shock as our eyes locked. Roberts glared in between us, being his usual curious self. Sandy blond had quite the interesting stifled amusement as Curly Fries slowly rose from his chair,

"It's you"

"Curly Fries?" The words slipped out of my mouth. He chuckled while Sandy blond's laugh came out in a cough.

"Curly Fries? My name is Curly Fries?" A small smile lit his face.

"There's nothing funny about a fact"

Roberts suddenly banged the table, but he immediately apologized to 'them' and regained his posture. I promise you that Roberts' veins were about to pop. While he cleared his throat for an answer, Curly Fries tried to hold my hand, but I backed up immediately.

I grabbed the closest thing my hands felt- which was a vase- and flung it. It missed his head by bare inches as it shattered into dust. He stood, frozen in shock he didn't try to hide. Sandy blond muffled an amused laugh; Roberts was so fricking erupting.

"Distance you creep" I said under my breath.

I mind liked Roberts and said,"I'm here and I'll be gone. You didn't ask me to stay"

"You two know each other?" His hand gripped his jaw like force could filter his words and rising rage.

"She's my mate Sir" Curly Fries slightly bowed to Roberts. He had a tone of formality Ivy would've been head over heels to hear. But she didn't want to talk with me because of that.

Roberts nodded nothing was wrong, glaring daggers into anything without life.

"But she rejected me. There's no need to be happy", Curly Fries said amidst pushing his frames up his nose. At that moment, Roberts closed his fricking mouth and broke into the biggest grin a wolf could. If only the devil knew such a hypocrite.

"Ah Beta Lucas, forgive the dear child. She was surely in a state of shock" He emphasized the word shock a little too directly. Another pair of daggers was from me to Curly Fries. Thank you very much for this messed-up turn of events. Sandy Blond chuckled heartily, crossing his feet with an amused grin. Looks like he enjoys his drama irritatingly.

"For you to think that she'd be shocked means you don't like her, huh? She rejected her bloody mate you old man" He walked to Roberts and slung his arm on his shoulder, laughing at his exceptional joke. Curly Fries just stood lost in thought. Roberts smiled awkwardly, stiffly removing Sandy blond's arm.

So Roberts can take crap from a guy half his age like that and not me? I forgot he has the most powerful pack in Siugeon.

"Seriously..." his tone void of any energy, "If the mate bond isn't for you, I'll accept your rejection" I couldn't  understand why I felt his misery. It was a mess, but I felt heartbroken, but I wasn't heartbroken. My inner self was blaming me for throwing him under the bus so soon. To be honest I expected a fight, not an agreement. No sensible wolf does that, at least from what I know.

"Nonsense! She'll marry you and give you little ones to chase after", Roberts proclaimed with his full chest. Curly Fries grinned softly at his 'cute joke attempt.'

"You'll get no form of grandkids from me in your few last decades" I grimaced. Roberts was about to speak, but Sandy Blond's laughter caught him off. The next time that dude laughs, I will aim for his head and won't miss.

"You need a leash on her mouth man. She talks like a faucet. Lucas and I need to catch some sleep. You guys can think of baby names" He sneered at me. So that's his name, I honestly don't care. Curly Fries will be it.

"Lucas, I promise by the day after tomorrow, she'll be ready to take back to BloodCrest" Roberts declared like a salesman about to lose a valuable customer. I know he prayed for this moment, the moment I'll stop being an Evermoon.

"Seriously", I could care less to hide my fury, "You want to get rid of me so bad, don't you?" The tiny fuse of self-control started to melt, the anger I settled no less than an hour ago broke whatever restrictions kept me from exploding .

"Roberts, the Alpha of Evermoon pack, is willing to ship his daughter off to some random clown for the sake of his status. And I thought you were meant to be responsible!" I shut him up before he could stammer his way into another pathetic excuse. I hit my fist against my palm, my eyes tearing up again. My voice grew louder with each word that came out of my mouth. It terrified Curly Fries and his enforcers to the core.

"You are such a wonderful leader! I could call you a father if I stopped being digusted by that name! Imagine how thoughtful you are to get rid of me in two days! How loving! How wonderful! How pleasing even! How..."

My vision lost focus, fading into black. I could see her, she was screaming. Claw marks scraped the girl's porcelain skin. Blood flowed out from parts of her body onto the stone floor, staining her scattered ginger hair. Her face was covered with fury. Her eyes were filled with sorrow and shaded with horror. A wet warmth fell down my cheeks as she screamed at me to help her over and over. All I could do was watch her suffer. I watched her cry for me as I stood still, unable to move.

I should've been more stubborn. It wouldn't have ended like that. We would be fine by now.

A quick vision of an attack drew me from my state. I grasped the hand of the bodyguard and threw him over my shoulder. His body hit the door and its frame gave way under him. The enforcer and the door landed with an ear-splitting thud.

Those floorboards need checking.

"Hazel!" Roberts barked through the mind link, "Are you sane?"

"Oh tell me genius, am I?" I snapped back, "Would you stop being an actor and say you hate me. Why do you want to get rid of me so badly? Just kill me and everything you want will be solved"

"Hazel, you're crying", Curly Fries pointed at my cheek.

"No I'm not" I touched it and it was surprisingly wet. "You stopped talking suddenly. And you just stared at the wall like you saw a ghost. Besides, how did you knock our enforcer out so easily?" His voice was shaky, wanting to know what I saw. And how strong I was is none of his business. He forgot I'm FalseFace so soon huh.

"I was shocked from seeing your ugly face, you stupid Curly Fries", I walked out of the room, stepping over the passed-out enforcer since he was heavy enough to fall with his legs in the room. I turned back to look at the office. Roberts' face was purple with fury. Sandy's classic amused face now had boredom written over it, his feet replanted on the table.

He had same sunken sadness from when I entered. But his thoughtful eyes had something else dancing in them. Curiosity? Something like that. He wouldn't care as long as he mated with me. He grinned at me as if nothing happened with a wave, taking my heart by surprise. I said nothing before leaving the wrecked room.

I couldn't stop thinking about everything possible that happened. Roberts succeeded in getting rid of me from the pack. A fudging mate bond and my secrets to hide. Curling up in my bed, I sniffed my blanket. Maybe it was all a dream. A very terrible one because I was nervous. A lucid dream like the ones I had back then.

"Nope, you're awake in the real world! And you're not in a coma because I'm with you!" Ivy proclaimed with a full huff.

Thank you very much for your needed positivity.

He kept appearing in my head. That stupid Curly Fries kept on showing up in whatever I thought of. The one thing that kept catching me off guard was those electric eyes. Bluer than anything I've ever seen. I sighed. Fate is a master at its game.

  I hate fate. And I hate you, moon goddess.

A/N:
Just as promised ✨✨