2

If one was to ask me if I intended to be Gryffindor, my answer would be NO! (Obviously.) But here I am, facing glares from everyone... at the Gryffindor table. Yay... I don't even know anyone here except Harry Potter! Who looks as if he hates me (Bloody hell Draco, what did you do now?!). I sighed, might as well make some friends- er- allies. I let my eyes wander until they settled on the Weasley twins. They caught me looking before speaking up.

"'Ello! I'm Forge, and that's Gred!" One stated.

I nearly let out a giggle. Nearly. "Hello George, hello Fred," I beamed, happy to know that some people didn't hate me, which was a first. I decided then that they were the correct choice to be friends with. "I'm Fenrir!" I introduced, purposely leaving out my last name, though they probably knew I was a Malfoy based on my looks.

"Well, Fenrir, welcome to Gryffindor!" Fred grinned.

"Its a pleasure to be here," I remarked, truly meaning it. I nearly didn't notice that Ron Weasley was next to me looking shocked.

"You're nothing like your brother, mate!" Ron spoke up, looking at me in wonder.

I sighed bitterly. "Yes, because all Malfoys have to be stuck up gits who have nothing better to do than show off their daddy's money," I replied sarcastically.

That caused people around me to laugh quietly.

I smiled softly but quickly wiped it away. I can't let myself fail. I needed to befriend Harry Potter, or I would be disowned from the Malfoy family. I knew it would devastate my mother, which is the only reason that I even bothered continuing my little charade. Otherwise, I would've said good riddance years ago.

"Tell us, mate," Fred said as he gave a grin, "What's the serious look for?"

I tensed up for a second before eventually giving a weary smile. "Erm, my father may just disown me for getting into Gryffindor," I said to hide the real reason for my discomfort.

The red-haired boy frowned deeply. "He would do that?"

'Ah, shoot,' I thought as my smile became forced. "Uh, maybe? It depends on how angry he is at the time he hears the news." I rubbed my chin as I mused aloud, "I should write to him tonight so Draco doesn't mess it up too bad for me..." Honestly, my father would believe Draco even if I wrote to him first. Talk about favorites, I guess.

The twins only shared a look of pity between them.

I suddenly glared. "But I'll be fine. I don't need any pity," I spat, clearly annoyed with them.

They both threw their hands up in self-defense.

"Sorry, mate," George said, looking a bit like a scolded toddler, not that I knew the expression from personal experience or anything.

Fred nodded, clearly feeling just as sheepish.

I sighed heavily. "It's fine. I just..." I made a frustrated expression. "I hate being pitied. It makes me feel weak, you know?"

Judging by the looks on their faces, they did know.

I decided to not comment on it at that time, as it would probably make the conversation more awkward than it already was. Instead, I decided to finally eat something. I looked at my plate and decided to start with the steak, it did look good after all. However, before I could take my first bite, I heard a slither below me. Looking around, I saw no-one else had heard it. I just put it as my imagination and began to eat. I ate until I heard a howl next to me. I sneakily looked beside me, only to see nothing there.

It appeared as if I was no longer in Hogwarts.

A few minutes later I was back in the great hall, eating as if nothing happened. I started to get annoyed.

Someone was most likely playing a trick on me, Draco no doubt.

"Say, Fenrir, you don't seem to have that kind of pureblood attitude most people would expect," a boy across from me (I think a third year?) noted.

I snickered. "This is my pureblood attitude. Can you not see how proper I'm being while eating?"

Others snickered, too, signaling I was truly a master at making jokes. Well, at least that went well.

"Er, well, I mean, you haven't gone on a rant about how muggleborns are the worst like most do," the boy pointed out.

I look at him until it dawns on me. "Because I personally do not believe in that stuff. We're all still wizards and witches in the end. Besides, we need muggleborns," I reply, wanting to end the conversation right then.

Of course, no one my age could tell that I wanted to shift the conversation. They seemed helplessly oblivious when it came to social cues, something that would surely come back to bite them later in life.

The older children, however, were listening in. One student in particular decided that it was time to get off the topic of my beliefs.

A fifth year, who was undoubtedly a Weasley if the red hair and freckles were any indicator, cut in. "I expect that you will all be quite tired after the feast. Just remember that you have to get up early for breakfast tomorrow morning."

Several of my fellow students groaned in annoyance while I remained impartial. Deciding I ate enough, I got up to start walking to the common room, I'll just ask one of the older students for the password, which was some Latin phrase. I guess it was to be expected, as most spells are in forms of some Latin or Greek. Maybe I could give it a try? I shrug then reach into my trunk and bring out a Quill and parchment. Dipping my quill in ink, I began writing my letter to home. I explained what had happened and mentioned my interactions with Harry Potter and the Weasleys.