I. Dear Katherine Pierce, Sometimes honesty is the best answer.

Disclaimer. Everything you recognize does not belong to me. I only own Lana Lewis and her version of Katherine Pierce. I get nothing from publication, and all the rights go to the show's producers. My ideas, however, belong to me, and I have full rights to them.

Summary. Lana Lewis died believing that this would end all her suffering. However, she doesn't expect to reopen her eyes, and, more importantly, she doesn't expect those eyes to be Katherine Pierce's. Trying to accept who she is now, she is ready to face whatever her new life has in store for hers. Every action has consequences, and she is ready to bear the burned, making sure the future she knows becomes kind to those who deserve it.

Mystic Falls, 2010, 25 February
Episode 22, Season 1

"Dear Katherine Pierce,
it's time for you to change.

Destiny was not the sweetest to you and, perhaps, in your situation, I don't know how much different I would have done.

I wonder if you are the result of your upbringing and circumstances or if nature wrote your soul's destiny.

I don't know where you ended up; I don't know if I just took your place or if I was always you, and I just added Lana and picked her as my first personality. Your memories are so vivid and real. There is no difference between yours and what I believe was mine as if yours had always been there. Your emotions are mine, like your pains and your joys... well, there haven't been many, but they motivate me to keep going.

And I could really believe that it is, that you, me, we have always been one. But then I remember a pair of eyes and what they still make me feel, and I relive everything you lived with their owner. And this is where all belief breaks, and this is where my heart is different from yours, only here, only on what concerns Damon and Stefan Salvatore.

So, Dear Katherine, this is where the time has come to change; this is where your entire life, your whole world, your total scope, chooses to be different and choose another center.

I don't know how to do otherwise. I don't know how to continue being you when I am me too and when we have to be us. I choose him, and with him, I choose all those I have learned to appreciate, support, and mourn from that distant first episode I saw twelve years ago.

Here, Katherine Pierce, I, our new version, choose to be different, and as such, I re-choose my name.

In one of his most famous pieces, Shakespeare declared that it is not the name that defines an object, a perfume, or a person. But you and I know that this is not the case. You became Katherine Pierce because Katerina Petrova was too weak and romantic to survive. You became Katherine to find your daughter, protect yourself, and have the strength to run and you always knew how much you would lose, but you also knew that manipulation, dishonesty, and selfishness were the only way you could do it. Therefore, I, as Lana Lewis and as your future person, the only one who will ever honestly and completely know you, absolve you of all your faults and commend you for surviving so much and for so long.

But it's time to turn the page, and while I bury that part of you that has no faith in the world and that of Lana that has never been able to face challenges, I embrace the new we, which has the merits of both and the not-defects of the single ones.

And now, I, Lana Lewis, rebaptize us as Kate Pierce. May this be the first change in a series that will bring us both, finally, to a happy eternity. "

Dear Katherine Pierce || Damon SalvatoreOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara