III. Dear Katherine Pierce, maybe not everything can be changed.

Author's Note

Let me know if it's too long.  I will partition the next ones more! Enjoy your reading, and see you at the end! Comments and let me know your opinions and if there's anything you don't like! There are some important notes at the end, so please read them! Okay, I'll get out of your hair - or your screens, actually-!  Once more, you have a good reading!

Disclaimer. Everything you recognize does not belong to me. I only own Lana Lewis and her version of Katherine Pierce. I get nothing from publication, and all the rights go to the show's producers. My ideas, however, belong to me, and I have full rights to them.

Summary. Lana Lewis died believing that this would end all her suffering. However, she didn't expect to reopen her eyes and be into the body and memories of Katherine Pierce. Taking up the challenge and immersing herself in the second chance she has been offered, she becomes Kate Pierce, uniting the two people she feels herself to be. The words of Lana's murderer are still clear and present in her mind. «Every action has consequences.» And she is ready to face them, starting by admitting her feelings for Damon, making Elena aware of Klaus, and putting in motion her plan to prevent the death of the people she learned to love by watching the tv show.

Mystic Falls, 2010, February 26

Episode 1, Season 2

(Part 2 of 2)

"Dear Katherine Pierce,

It's time to untie the web of your secrets or, at least, to give some away.

What is the point of keeping everything hidden if, while gaining protection, you lose everything else?

You have never allowed anyone to know and see you completely in your five centuries on earth.

The world knows the ruthless and selfish Katherine Pierce or the sneaky and deceitful Katerina Petrova, but no one has ever really or completely known you.

There is another Katherine besides that. There is a Katherine who cares and would give up a limb if it meant saving the people she cares about. There is a Katherine who would come face to face in front of her worst enemy if that guaranteed a chance for salvation for the man she loves. There is a Katherine who would put her life at risk to protect the woman of the man she loves, even if she is the one you most despise, even if she is the one everyone always seems to want to compare you to, being disappointed.

And I know, if you were able to speak —and, in reality, to a small extent, you are: there is a voice in me, the only result of your memories, which pushes you to protest — you would disagree with my analysis. In none of those situations would there be any imminent danger to your person, but to be the queen of the selfish, you are willing to move within a minimal range of safeguards.

And now I ask you, and I ask myself: is it worth it? Is it worth anyone knowing your true worth?

How different would your life have been if you had let someone know your deepest secrets and been there to support you through the worst of times?

What if Stefan knew about your daughter? Can you imagine what would have happened? Because I do, and I saw it this morning.