Chapter II - Thing

The thing was not human. That was clear - Its face was still as deformed as I recalled. But its body was normal. A human's body with a killing machine for a 'soul'. But it looked like him. It looked like Cesar. And it made me sick to my stomach how it could have the guts to even try and intimidate me by using MY FRIEND as a skin-suit.

I shot it. It laughed hysterically before I pierced a bullet into the creature. That's how it looked like - the normal way. Deformed. Horrid. Disgusting. I couldn't wrap my head around how I survived. Maybe attacking these monsters aren't so bad after all.

It didn't get hurt, of course. Neither did it die. Or disappear. It became unresponsive. As soon as I shot it, it morphed into my best friend. It was like Cesar got corrupted, but I know that isn't how these monsters work. Definitely not.

I couldn't feel sympathy for it. I could never understand its feelings because it didn't have any. It was a heartless being. It was driven to kill. Every inch of it was something I despised. Thank Lord I tied it to a chair when I could. Even though it could easily escape, it's the best I can do.

Its face... It looked like Cesar's. And that's when it started to open its eyes. Its white eyes. The memories as a little kid spread across my mind like a plague. It started into my soul. I was right, it is heartless. Because I could tell in its eyes that it had no regrets after destroying why county's lives.

"No need to mask yourself as a human. I know what you are." I couldn't help but drop a comment. The fact that it disguised itself from me made me want to vomit. And it didn't respond. It just grinned at me. Menacingly.

"I know you have no heart. Why have you been waiting for so long to hurt me? Did you think that I'm weak? You can attack me now, so why are you holding back?!" It has had every opportunity to kill me. It has its opportunity now. It's sitting in front of me. I'm extremely curious why it hasn't hurt me at this point. Not even a single attempt. And, this time, it answered in my friend's voice.

"I have no reason to attack." ... "What?! I know you- You THINGS. You exist to KILL." ... "Are you asking me to murder you?" ... "What- No! You've stalked me since I was a kid. Why did you even kill my friend? WHY HIM EVEN THOUGH YOU'VE HAD EVERY CHANCE WITH ME?!" ... "I don't want to hurt you, Mark."

This creature... was disgusting. Its statement was clearly a lie. Of course it was. It can't fool me. I grew up aware of these things. I can't handle its words, but that's what it does. I can't take it anymore... But why do I feel guilty? Raising the gun, the guilt raised. I shouldn't even be feeling a thing while interacting with it.

"I am not here to hurt you, Mark. I need you... To save me."

What? This is ridiculous. It's a monster that's wearing my friend. It wants to kill me. It wants to kill my family. And it will, I know it will. It's a damn alternate. That's their nature.

So why does it have a hint of honesty in its voice?