𝟎𝟎𝟏; Starcourt mall

╰┈ chapter one;
starcourt mall

╰┈➤ chapter one;starcourt mall

── •• ──

EVERYTHING for once, seemed calm. Or as calm as it could get during the summer of '85, with Starcourt Mall at it's rise. People would spend hours daily at the newly opened mall, whether it were to be to spend money to to just hang out. And one of those people was Viola Holmes.

She, along with her best friend, Adeline Aldridge, practically lived at the mall. The pair would buy ice cream from the Scoops Ahoy everyday, but that was in Adeline's favour so she could fangirl over Steve Harrington.

"You're obsessed." Stated Viola, rolling her eyes when Addy linked their arms, pulling the strawberry blonde to the ice cream shop.

"I know I am." Replied Addy, practically buzzing from excitement. With her free hand, she fiddled with the chain around her neck, twirling the charm that hung from it.

Viola glanced down at her own matching bracelet, her own charm dangling in the air. Her and Addy's charms connected into a three pieced heart, however the third piece had been buried along with the third person in their trio.

Stephanie Hurst, used to be the life of the three, was now cold and dead underground. All because of the stupid Hawkins Laboratory that had a 'chemical spillage.' Viola obviously didn't believe the weak article written about it (despite the countless others that did) because she knew the real cause of her best friends death. And she was a coward for hiding it from bubbly unsuspecting Addy who struggled with Steph's loss more than her.

A shit friend, Viola was.

"Look at him." Whisper-shouted Addy, discretely pointing at Steve Harrington who was serving ice cream to a child, with the Scoops Ahoy hat on his head. Pulling Viola closer, they lined up at the counter.

"Ahoy, ladies!" He exclaimed and Addy batted her eyelashes at him. "Are you ready to set sail on this tongue-chilling voyage? If so, then Ahoy! Welcome aboard. Flavours?"

"Strawberry." Giggled Addy.

"Vanilla." Said Viola.

Harrington scooped the two ice creams, before handing them to the girls. "One strawberry and vanilla! To the ladies of the ships deck!"

Viola rolled her eyes. "Your hat looks stupid." She stated blandly.

"Tell me about it." Added a girl who was leaning her arms through the window that lead to the storage room. Viola recognised her from band practice, but couldn't put a name to the face. "Finally someone agrees about his stupid hat."

Steve frowned. "You're wearing the exact same hat, Robin."

"Yeah but I make it look good, Dingus. You, however, look stupid."