𝟎𝟎𝟐; not destined to be a hero

╰┈ chapter two;
not destined to be a hero

╰┈➤ chapter two;not destined to be a hero

── •• ──

"YOU'RE reading that dusty encyclopaedia again?" Addy asked as she walked into Viola's room, the strawberry blonde hunched over the book that sat on her desk. "Boring." She muttered, grabbing Viola's shoulders and pulling her out from her seat.

"Hey!" Exclaimed Viola. "I was reading that."

"I can see that." Said Addy, grabbing a pair of sunglasses for her and herself before pulling her friend out the room. "But we're going outside today."

Viola groaned, tilting her head back. "All we ever do is go outside. Can't I stay inside for a little while?"

"It's summer! We have to enjoy it while we can."

"Fine, whatever." Mumbled Viola under her breath, letting Addy drag her to the bus stop where they waited for the bus to come pick them up. "If we used our bikes, we would already be there." She remarked after twenty minutes of standing.

"Bikes are for little kids." Said Addy.

Viola rolled her eyes. "Not necessarily. My cousin and his friends use bikes all the time."

"Who's your cousin again? The Hende-what now boy? Isn't he friends with Will the freak Byers and the other weirdos?"

"Dustin Henderson. And they're not weird. Weird things merely happen to them."

Addy raised an eyebrow. "Byers came back from the dead."

"At least he came back." Viola snapped, regretting it immediately. Addy's face fell at the reminder of Steph, and she scoffed before stalking away.

Viola took a deep breath and leaned against the bus stop pole, closing her eyes to process yet another destructive conversation she had no please in having. Her eyes snapped open when she heard the crack of a branch not too far away, a face hiding behind a bush across the road.

A small smirk grew on her face. "You can come out, y'know." She called.

The person stood from behind the bush, revealing the one and only Dustin Henderson. He made his way to Viola, who brought him into a hug as soon as he crossed the road.

"Woah! Hey!" He said, patting her shoulders. He had over heard Viola's and Addy's conversation and he knew his cousin was shaken so he did his best to comfort her.

"Look at you, all grown up now. How was camp?"

Dustin beamed. "Great! I got a girlfriend!"

Viola gasped. "No way."

Dustin nodded. "Yes way!"

Making a proud face, Viola hung her palm in the air for a high five. "That's my man, Dustie."