FILE 01

Extracting FILE 01 from Model_JK.97.zip. Loading data ■■■ 》

 Loading data ■■■ 》

The sky bled coal-tinted rain, and ripped itself apart with thunder. A bone-chilling cry, lasting for an eternity. Pores small as the tip of a pin perked up on Taehyung's arms, mantling them whole. We were able to see them, even through their squeaky, clear-plastic overcoat. Violent gusts of wind tethered to a considerable volume of pelting water (thousands of gallons according to our calculations) fell unforgivably heavy upon us. We were showered clean of the fetid fumes coughed out by the myriad toxins-saturated factories starring in a monochromatic backdrop. 

Taehyung's apartment complex, a lopsided clump of recycled materials, stand-alone tribute to contemporary-style architecture (Our human history book named it the New Wave, if we recall well) shouldn't have been that far from where we were. Our internal compass suggested it would have taken us no more than five minutes to reach it, the formless condo Taehyung affectionately referred to as "My homey lovey blob." To us, it stood out as a stark-white, horridly deformed conglomerate of distastefully assembled pieces. Still a glimmer of civilization within the LED-lit metropolis's underbelly, a jungle where any form of life at its primordial level appears merely at intermittent intervals across its biologic-waste scarred perimeter. 

The inside of it comes off as creepily impressive. A single room with interactive, augmented-reality 4D screens for walls, and a sealed capsule made of metal with a circular opening covered in bottle-green glass attached to the pavement to rest one's body in when the sun sets. With an estimated size of 40sqm, the place strikes as unnervingly tidy, and of minimalistic decor. It's probably rented, and obviously hasn't been built to accommodate more than one person. It's okay though, we don't need a lot of space, you can leave us in a corner to charge and we'll be content. 

Taehyung's social status remains an enigma to us. Given they didn't buy us in layaway and we do cost a lot, they cannot possibly be poor. Going solely by estimates and objective observations here, they have to be at the very least well-off as we spotted a dark blue neu-gen automobile with fuchsia headlights floating right outside their single-block residence— still, they're light-years away from revelling in full-fledged inoxidable luxury. 

Their way of going about things is truly immersive. When they speak, they move their hands a lot like it has to mean something. Their pupils tremble slightly as though they're zeroing on what we cannot see but they can. They stutter every two minutes and apologize constantly for the littlest of things. They say they have no interest in seeing us bereft of clothing. That makes us glad. 

When we burst into their home, they innocently offered to prepare us raspberry tea and handed us a polyester blanket. Our suit is water-proof though, they should know, and seamlessly adapts to our body which has thus remained dry and unscathed. What Taehyung also failed to realize is, we don't eat nor drink except for show. We sap up electricity. If guilty pleasures really exist, though, bubbly drinks would definitely count as ours. 

We prefer not to voice out our needs however. We were made to follow orders. Except Taehyung isn't exactly your typical owner. It so happens, they didn't bestow any command for the first minute or so of us entering their empty abode. Instead, the first thing they did upon welcoming us was ask for our name. We told them, excitedly, that we go by JK.97 and that they shall refer to us as such when uttering any imperative. We also told them we were built and are apt to perform any kind of service, and that we are incapable of feeling any embarrassment, guilt, or shame following it. Upgraded, latest-generation models like ourselves are faithful copies of real human creatures and can provide them with as much pleasure and comfort as they wish. 

Oddly enough, Taehyung didn't seem to show any interest in what earthlings define as "sexual practices." At least not yet. We've been programmed to execute any chore, even of such kind, so we were pretty taken aback by their seeming indifference towards it. They told me they study astronomy at the East-Wing Education Center where they met Yoongi, their one and only friend. 

Taehyung confessed he's in desperate need of another mate and that he sees one in us. He basically went on to confirm that's the main reason he bought us in the first place, a curious happening birthed by luck herself. They won the lottery. Ah, nice one! We didn't expect it at all. If there's a thing called fate, does this occurrence qualify as imprinted by it? 

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱᴇɴᴛᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɪɴꜱ ᴜɴᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛ. ꜱᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴅᴀᴛᴀ ʀᴇᴘᴏʀᴛꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴡꜱ.ᴄᴏʀᴘ.

Oh, okay. Noted.