17. Jealous 2

"Landon, this is amazing!" Jolene exclaims as she looked around in awe. The night breeze brushed across her skin, she shivered a little, he noticed this and took off his jacket to cover her up. He brought her to the top of the Ziegville tower to get a better view of the city at night. Mesmerizing is the word that sums it all up.

"Yeah I know, this is where Craig and I would come to just talk about life and all things serious, you know?" He grinned, flashing his dimple as he stares in the far distance, as though remembering something.

"Yeah, I don't doubt it one bit. Sometimes being away from the noisiness of the city is crucial for mental health, I can't get over this view, gosh!" She smiled at the night sky, this has by far become her favorite place in the world.

Landon gazed at the side of her face, even in the nightlight, her beauty shot brighter than the moon to him. "You look like a goddess with the smile of an angel, Jo". How his lips said those words, he can not explain, but he was glad it did.

She did not know how to respond to his compliment, so she just smiled. "Look there! A shooting star!" She abruptly pointed to the sky in a bid to end the awkwardness and the unusual attention he was giving her.

"Where?". His gaze followed the direction of her finger.

"It's gone, bummer". She said, disappointed.

Landon smiled knowingly. "You're quite something, aren't you, Jo?". He shook his head.

They spent the rest of the night talking about random stuff, each other's childhood, and everything else.

***

  The next day, Jolene was sitting at her desk, busy with the Felisa Rosita collection photos for the next VMGP. Mr. Sinclair walked in, his eyes were affixed to her but she did not notice him until he grabbed her attention. "Good morning Miss Moore"

"Oh, Good morning, Mr. Sinclair". She looked up and acknowledged him, then focused her attention back on her computer.

He felt so stupid, now he understands how she must have felt when he did that. "Miss Moore"

She looked up at him again. "I'm so sorry Sir, I just". She dropped what she had in her hands and gave him her complete attention. "Please how may I help you, Sir?".  As if a light bulb was turned on inside her head, she started talking. "Oh! Least I forget, The Shin Lee Ma corporation called this morning, they want to know what your final take is, I asked them to wait patiently till this afternoon, is that okay Sir?"

"..." There was no reply from him. He only stared at her.

She continued. "Uhm, Santiago Makaspak from the Philippines has placed an order for a hundred thousand copies of this month's edition, and Sola Chisom from Nigeria called to finalize the deal..."

"Miss Moore, my office, now". He walked off and went straight into his office. His mood had turned sour all of a sudden.

She entered a few seconds later. "Mr. Sinclair, you called for me". She stood in front of his desk.

He watched her. His handsome face was tainted by the deadly frown on his forehead. He leaned his back against the lazy boy chair without breaking his glare. "Where did you go with Landon last night, Miss Moore?".

"We went up the Ziegville tower Sir". She answered.

He raised an eyebrow. "You stayed out all night with some guy way passed midnight Miss Moore?".

"He's not some guy, he's your friend". She countered.

"So? That changes nothing. The fact remains that you don't know him that well to stay out with him until frigging after 2 am".

She was perplexed. "How did you know I stayed till after 2-?"

"Because I was at your apartment, I waited for you!" He raised his voice but stopped to take a deep breath, then continue more calmly; "What are you trying to prove Miss Moore? tell me. Going out with my friend, are you trying to make me jealous?"

She laughed in disbelief at his assumptions. "What? Why would I do that Sir?"

"You should ask yourself that question Miss Moore, how do you think Landon will feel if he finds out what happened between you and me?"

"What are you talking about, Mr. Sinclair, Why should I care if he finds out? You guys have probably talked about it like you talked about it with Kiana".

He shook his head in the negative. "I never told Kiana a thing, She found out on her own. I can never break my own rules ".

Jolene scoffed at his words. "Really? Have you forgotten, Mr. Sinclair, 'that rules are meant to be broken'? You kissed me after laying down your precious rules". She folded her hands on her chest and continued: "But you know what? I believe you when you say you didn't tell her, because you'd never want anyone to know that you were with a nobody like me".

He furrowed his eyes brows. "Is that why you went for Landon?"

"Stop saying that Mr. Sinclair! I don't have anything with Landon"

He shot up from his seat. "Landon opened up to me about his feelings for you. He loves you, he fucking loves you. You led him on!"