"Do-" He stopped to breathe. "Do you remember when she fell?"

"That day at the park? How could I forget? Her pants were soaked!"

"It was her idea to walk on a moss covered bridge after a night of constant rain."

Neither of them had stopped laughing while they spoke. I frowned at my door as I closed it. Getting out of the shower and hearing their laughter echoing through the house made my heart throb painfully, but happily. Even with the door closed, I could hear their conversation. I tried to tune them out but it was late and they were both drunk. I wondered how far into their bottles they had gotten while I had showered. I dressed slowly and retrieved my nearly full glass from my dresser. With a flick of my unoccupied hand, I opened my door and returned to my bathroom. This time their laughter followed me. I took a hefty swig before setting the cup down and picking up my hair brush. I hadn't brushed my hair before showering so I braced myself for the exhausting task.

My eyes were closed and I had a fistful of hair, working it free of tangles from the bottom. I let out a soft groan at a particularly painful knot when suddenly the brush disappeared from my hand. My eyes flew open. Neirs reflection smiled innocently at me and he reached for the rest of my hair. His smile seemed shakey and his eyes didn't focus properly. But he took over the task of brushing my hair happily. Despite his drunken state, he was careful and efficient at it. Soon enough my hair fell in soft, wet black waves down my back. Thrilled with his work, he fluffed it out a little before giving me a satisfied nod and putting the brush down.

He turned suddenly, losing his balance in the process, and fell against the wall. I laughed and slid his arm around me. "Come on, lush."

He gave me a crooked, drunk smile. "You smell good."

"Showers do that for you, ya know?"

"Phil, you won't believe it!"

We rounded the couch and i let Neir fall into his usual spot. He sounded like a giddy school boy, telling Phil how he brushed my hair while i returned to my room for my drink. They were giggling to each other when i returned. I took another deep drink and diverted to the kitchen to mix up more. I raised my eyebrow at the sight of 2 empty large bottles of vodka and more of my own whiskey gone. It was less than i had expected, both of the vodka bottles having already been more than half gone from a few weeks ago. I tossed them in the trash with a loud clatter and topped off my own cup.

Phil was sprawled out across his side of the couch, halfway through telling Neir about his idiot uncle diving off a dock with a birthday gift bag over his head, stone cold sober. Davis had ended up in the hospital, having managed to find 3 feets length of rebar with his left calf. No one was allowed to dive from that dock anymore after an investigation had found more, mostly unmovable. Davis had thought it was hilarious, aside from the pain. His wife was less than thrilled.

Neir was brought to tears by this story. He laughed so hard he couldn't breathe. I politely sipped my drink, already familiar with Davis' antics. I was there that day. It was Phils 23rd birthday and i had sided with aunt Merina. The blood was not funny. The almost hour wait while they drove to the hospital was even less so. But looking back, i giggled a little. It hadn't been a normal sized gift bag. It was one of those toddler sized ones and was covered in unicorns and sparkling glitter; a gag gift from Phils younger brother.

"That son of a bitch never let me forget that damn unicorn."

"It was cute..." I whispered.

"I gave it to Corinna."

I smiled over my cup at him. Corrina was one of his baby cousins that was 5 at the time.

They chatted away while I sipped on my drink. I wanted to join in but Phil knew almost every funny story I had. I could feel the alcohol weighing heavily on my head. With one final gulp to finish my drink, I sat my cup down on the coffee table. Their voices grew quieter as they talked and I found myself overwhelmed by exhaustion. I snagged one of the throw pillows from Phils side and laid down. My eyes closed heavily, like vault doors, and i found myself lulled to sleep by their goofy stories.

It felt like I was floating. I found myself lifted away from the couch and there was a gentle breeze as i was carried away. Hours could have passed before I felt the pressure of being sat back down. There was a wave of warmth across my body. A blanket? I groaned softly but my eyes refused to open. There was a warm gentle pressure on my forehead. Lips? Then the same on my cheek. My head turned instinctively, seeking. His lips brushed against mine and he gasped quietly. He cradled my neck in his hand as his lips pressed harder against mine. My bed shifted as he leaned over me. I reached out for him, grabbing at his hip with my right hand. I could feel the soft, warm fabric of his flannel pants.

They had both been wearing flannel. Their clothes were matching pajamas I had given them for Christmas. The only difference was their color. I realized suddenly I had no idea who I was kissing. He made almost no noise, even as his tongue found mine. His breath was thick with the smell of alcohol, but they had both been drinking the same thing. My eyes still refused to open but through my lids, i could tell that he hadn't turned on any lights. But i could see a gap of brightness, the hall light shining beyond my bedroom door.

He shifted his weight again and my hand slipped from his hip to the hard lump in his pants. My face began to burn and my pulse throbbed roughly in my ears as i rubbed it curiously. He groaned, louder than before. I expected him to lean into me, to seek more. Instead he flung himself back, off my bed and out of reach. My eyes finally opened but i couldn't see him clearly. His shape was blurred by the alcohol and silhouetted by the hall light. He hesitated with one hand on my door, his back to me. I squinted against the light, trying to figure out if it was Neir or Phil. In i flash of movement, he was gone and my room was swallowed by darkness.

My drunken dreams picked up where he had stopped. But the figured i kissed shifted back and forth between my two roommates.