Gone For So Long

Another chapter!

Here we go!

Also - MCYT is being updated heavily and will have three chapters released in the next few days, plus another oneshot.

Just a spoiler, see if you can figure out which oneshot I'm writing with this hint - "crafting table"

. . .

Third Person P.O.V.

"I--Ho--did--what the..... How did--" Jimmy stutters, making (Y/N) smile slightly as she looks at everyone.

"Where did you go for so long and how did you survive?" Aviva asks, Jimmy nodding frantically, as to confirm that's what he was trying to say.

"It's been two years, (Y/N)," Chris says, placing a hand on her shoulder.

(Y/N) smiles as she places her hand on his, standing and stumbling over her feet before sighing. She takes out a leather book from her satchel as it turns back from the medical station into the electronic table.

Dropping it onto the table, it opens, revealing rough sketches of dragons with notes next to them. The crew awe at her work and are shocked to see these new creatures.

"What are these?" Koki asks, turning the pages of the book.

"They're dragons." (Y/N) states with a smile, happy at her work.

"No way, they don't exist other than the Komodo Dragon," Aviva replies with a slight scoff.

"They do, actually and I can prove it."

"How? Dragons are extinct. No one has seen one for a long time." Koki retaliates, confusion forming on her face as (Y/N) merely smirks.

Thunder suddenly rings out through the sky, as lightning lights the sky, and the lights flicker before everything goes dark.

"Aaaand, there goes the power," Chris chuckles, stiffening slightly as Jimmy whimpers, hiding behind the brothers.

(Y/N) smiles at him as Aviva walks back with candles, unknown to the others that she had walked away. She lights one of the candles, placing it near the books as everyone grabs a hover chair, sitting down with intent as Jimmy hides in a sleeping bag.

"Dragons exist. You just have to be in tune with your surroundings to truly see them. Or just have their favorite meal."

(Y/N) places her hand on the book, flipping through the pages until she finds the one, the page seemingly coming to life. If you listen hard enough, you can hear a roar echo through the night.

"This," she traces her fingers along the sketch and notes, flipping the notebook towards them, "Is a Night Fury. One of the most dangerous and reclusive dragons known to mankind. They say it was the 'unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.'" Jimmy shudders as the group lightly gasps, "This dragon is one of my favorites-- black scales as dark as the night, green eyes that are as green as the evergreen forest, and much more."

"Interesting! Can it fly?" Aviva asks as (Y/N) grins widely.

"Can it?" She repeats with a chuckle, "Night Furies can fly faster than the speed of sound. It has a special defense-- sharp claws and teeth but, it has a plasma blast which is very different from most fire-breathing dragons. This dragon is extremely powerful and most people never live from an encounter." Her eyes trail to Martin and Chris, lingering on the two. "Martin and Chris are the only two to have survived an encounter."

"Wait! You've seen one?!" Aviva and Koki ask with wide eyes in complete shock.

"Yeah, it would have killed me had (Y/N) not recognized me," Martin replies, rubbing the back of his neck as he remembers the moment.

"He's right. Night Furies are territorial and I'm sure (D/N) was just trying to protect me." (Y/N) replies, closing the book as she places it back in her satchel. 

"Who's (D/N)?" Jimmy questions. 

"(D/N) is my Night Fury, and before you bombard me with questions-- Yes, I have encountered one." (Y/N) says, stopping the group in their tracks. "I met her a year ago... after I left. She was trapped in a weird trap, almost like it was set up for dragons. I saved her, nursed her back to health and I gained her trust. We've been inseparable since and I've been surviving with her."

"But why.... why did you leave?" Chris questions, not noticing (Y/N)'s eyes glaze over with fear and sadness.

"That's a story for another time, Chris." Chris nods at her response as a tear falls from her face. "Anyways, yeah. Dragons really do exist. There are over hundreds of species but since humans came, they've become more and more adapted to their surroundings and have since then gone into hiding."

"That's amazing! Can we meet (D/N) one day?" Jimmy asks, no longer hiding.

"Yeah... but first-- we have to save her." (Y/N) replies. "Zach found us while we were in the woods. I'm guessing he wants something to do with mind-control or to sell her for buyers. They're meant to be kept secret, not used for toys and clothing." By now, she was seething and unknown to the crew, her eyes had flashed purple, illuminating her pupils.

"Alright then. We'll get some sleep and regroup in the morning." Aviva nods in determination, placing a hand on her long-lost friend. "We'll find her."

"Thank you." Chris and Martin replace Aviva's hand as they smile at her, happy to have their best friend back.

With that, the group leaves to get some sleep, leaving (Y/N) to herself as she stares at her sketchbook, eyes flashing lightly as sighs.

. . .

Sorry it's short!

I was planning to put in something cool but I didn't want it to be all in one chapter so, enjoy!