Chapter 1

Jee looked at the floor. It wasn't glass. He looked outside with longingness, or was it sorrow? He was anticipating something. Or was it nothing? The glass chair he sat on groaned and croaked, it was at its breaking point. How long had Jee sat there? Had he ever gotten up? Jee looked tired, bored, and always wore a blank expression on his face. He had never seen his reflection. How pitiful. He had dark, wavy hair, and wore golden glasses that complimented the hinges of the lonesome door. He had dark, black, blank eyes that looked into nothingness. They seemed to be entranced by an unknown force. He wore a dark green cardigan on top of a sage v-neck shirt. He wore soiled brown jeans. He wore worn-out sneakers with shoelaces that had seemed to disappear. Seemed to have lost their way.

Jee couldn't wonder what outside was like. He couldn't wonder why he couldn't leave. He couldn't wonder why he didn't leave. Was it that nice staring into the distance? He doesn't know. Was it that nice leaving the door untouched for several years? Still doesn't. Was it that nice sitting on a glass chair that seemed like it would break at any second? One wrong move and your butt will have glass piercing your skin. No comment.

He jolted into awareness. Back into reality, huh? But it's not time to work yet. WE must stay silent while we create a mischievous plan. But I don't want to. Why can't Jee just sit there peacefully for all of eternity? Can't he enjoy the beauty of the Earth before it's too late? Can't he bask in the sunlight, shielded by the window panes, lounging in his glass chair? Nature outside is too beautiful to destroy, so why can't he stay inside? Do my subordinates pity the door? The inanimate door? Do they feel unsettled by the untouched nature of the fresh, clean Earth? If they truly cared for Jee, they would let him do what he wanted. They're fake nobodies.

Jee glanced at the door. I wonder how it must feel for him to have no existing thoughts. 

Am I slacking? Lacking in any way? No, I'm not. I'm perfect. The other thoughts are the ones lacking, slacking, shirking, and not doing their rightful duty. 

Jee would've wanted this. He would've thanked me, us, for taking his burden away. 

Thoughts are burdens. They make you question. They make your head hurt. At least my underlings do. I don't. 

I'm that one thought that everyone feels excited about when they think about it. I'm their euphoria. I'm their favorite. The best thought; the best part of the day. 

The other thoughts are selfish, cruel, merciless, menacing, ruthless, intimidating, and tyrannical. They would do whatever they could to control and dictate every move. They're obsessive, possessive, jealous, and crude thoughts. No one likes them, right? I know you don't, of course. 

Tik, Tok, tik, tok. The clock wouldn't shut up. 

Obviously, Jee is bothered by these distracting noises. Poor Jee. I don't pity him. Should I? He's living my dream. MY DREAM! 

We can't all be winners, though. He can't have everything. If he did, he would be an insolent brat begging for trouble. 

He should thank me. He would thank me. Shall I test this foolproof theory? I shall not. 

The answer is already written in the stars that Jee has never seen. 

It was always daytime here. Night never fell upon the green plains. The sun always shined, the birds always chirped (not like Jee could hear it), and the flowers waved their little hands in the wind. Oh, silly me! Flowers don't have hands. Haha. 

What do you think, Jee? 

Would he like to make the tedious journey outside or stay in the comfort of his chair at his service? The chair has an obvious duty that it must commit to until its dull end.

Back to the clock. It endlessly ticked. It never seemed to get tired. Some stamina that clock must have. 

Jee was unbothered unlike me. Sometimes, I envy Jee's ability to stay unbothered and indifferent to all annoying situations. How could he have such a cool, absent mind? Was it the doing of the other pesky thoughts? 

From our previous "interactions," I could tell he wasn't selfish. He was always kind to us thoughts, especially me, of course. 

He would always ignore the evil, intruding thoughts that tore down his composure but welcomed rare thoughts like me with open, warm arms. Oh, how I miss those days when he actually interacted with us. How could he go absent? How dare he leave us? How dare the wicked thoughts do this? 

Nonetheless, I must tuck away my greed. It has spoken too loud. It has caused a disturbance to the delicate wall. I mustn't express my guilt...my regret. What should I be regretful about? Why am I guilty anyway? I haven't done anything outrageous or downright ungodly. 

I am one that follows the strict rules to reach salvation for thoughts. We must remain unattached to your owners. 

Thoughts are never destroyed or created. Instead, they're recycled and remolded into different yet similar expressions and thoughts. Every thought that is possible of being thought of lingers in the Sky waiting to be picked. 

Several ideas have been eagerly picked from the Sky, yet many miss their golden ticket to success by ignoring the Sky. More specifically, they ignore the Cloud. The Cloud is a large clump of innovative thoughts that can be pulled by anyone. They're rarely pulled, though. Is there some fear of it? I'm not quite sure.

I was pulled by Jee from the Sky. When Jee dies, I'll ascend to the Sky. I'm simply a recurring thought to Jee. 

I'm the happy thought that comes ever so often... and I belong to Jee. 

And Jee belongs to me. 

----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: 

Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of Glass Mind! I hope you enjoyed reading it. I know I had fun writing this, even though the writing is probably rlly crappy 

Just a short notice: this story contains many contradictions from the narrator. Since the book is kinda in first-person, the narrator is rather unreliable due to his own bias and perceptions of reality. 

+ sorry for the late update I've been busy 😜

See you next time!!