1

COLD RAIN poured down from the sky as you walked along the damp street, your already bad mood from work worsening. All you could do was sigh tiredly and hope that a hot shower and a good night's rest would do you some good— even if you knew that you would never be able to sleep well.

You never did.

Bringing your shaking hands up to move your damp hair out of your face, you took a deep breath, the smell of rain comforting you.

It's always been like this for you. Alone with only the things around you for company. You didn't mind it though, it was something that you eventually got used to.

A sudden screeching sound broke you out of your thoughts and time seemed to slow down as you looked up only to find a spinning car heading straight for you. Freezing in place, everything seemed acutely aware to you now. It was as if all your senses were heightened to an extreme amount.

Were you really about to die?

Was this your end?

If so, man did it suck.

BOOM!!

White-hot pain spread throughout your body; pulsing. Never in your life had you ever felt anything as excruciating as this.

Though after a second, the pain had gone as quick as it came. And as your consciousness faded, a dull ring echoed in your head, followed by a white light that shined behind your eyelids.

. . . . . ╰──╮        ╭──╯ . . . . .

You woke up cold and wet, as if a tub of water had just been poured into you. The ground beneath you was rough and dirtied; the air around you, unfortunately, worse.

You felt as if you had just been hit by a 2-ton car...

Wait.....YOU WERE JUST HIT BY A CAR!!

Your eyes immediately snapped open at the revelation. You were just hit by a car.... but... didn't you die? Confusion momentarily overtook your pain as you sat up to look around you. A trashy alleyway was what you were met with.

Did the person who hit you just dump you into some random alleyway? Were you just trash? Because you sure as hell felt like it.

A sigh escaped you before you finally decided to get off your ass and figure out where you were. Using the wall to your right, you slowly pushed yourself up to stand. When you were on your feet, you took a moment to look over your appearance. Bruises and cuts littered the parts where your skin was exposed from your clothing, all in varying lengths and depths. And your clothes were the same as they were when you were walking home from work, though how they weren't messed up was beyond you.

So in other words, you looked like shit.

You brushed off that thought and decided to go out of the alleyway to try and figure out where exactly you were. Sunlight hit your eyes head-on when you stepped out and it took you a minute to get used to it. Although you were expecting to be someplace else from where you were hit; you weren't expecting to be in a whole different area.

Bright signs in an unfamiliar language littered almost every corner, but strangely enough, you could understand them. People in all types of clothing that walked in all types of directions. You gazed in awe at the things around you, not even minding the weird and concerned looks you got.

However, after a few minutes, your mind had deemed it the right time to remind you of something crucial: You had just died.

And with that, you had an internal crisis about what was happening and if this was real.

Maybe you're just dreaming? You pinched your arm; you felt the pain.

You're in a comma— wait that would still mean you're dreaming!

Battered hands came up to grip the hair in frustration. Maybe you were reincarnated in a new world? As crazy as it sounded, you were willing to believe it if it meant it would make some sense through this situation. But if you were reincarnated, doesn't that start with birth or something? Oh well, it didn't really matter; the only thing that you saw as important now was what were you supposed to do?

Surely your injuries would get infected if you didn't treat them. Also, did you even have any mon—

"Excuse me..?" A meek voice sounded from your left making you almost jump out of your skin. Quickly turning towards the person, you found a woman. She looked to be in her mid-twenties and was slightly shorter than you, with tan skin and curly, light brown hair that was held in a ponytail.

"Oh! Are you okay?!" She nearly yelled when her eyes fully examined your form. The woman hastily dug into her bag and took out a handkerchief before slowly walking closer to you; as she was approaching a small kitten.

And then, her eyes met yours—

FIRE. Fire surround her whole as she screamed in pain. She desperately reached a hand out despite the heat of the flames searing into her flesh. However, she fell limp before she could reach what was of so much importance to her.

You silently gasped in shock and fear, wide eyes staring at the womans' confused ones once your eyes sight cleared.

What. The. Hell. Was. That.