"I can handle anything."

"He's here." I whispered nervously looking out my window. Thank God, I was small and Chad couldn't see me. James walked up behind me leaning over to look out. "Yep. Now go!" He grabbed me by the shoulders and pushed me out of my room. I stopped at the top of the stairs, letting out a breath. I was excited and nervous. Biting my lip, I started down the stairs. As soon as my foot hit the last step Chad knocked on the door.

My mom came out of the kitchen and gave me a wink. I mouthed a thank you and rushed through the kitchen to the living room. I could hear my mom opening the door.

"Hi! You must be here for Hayley." You could tell by the way she talked that she was grinning.

"Yes, I am. Are you her mom?"

"Yep!"

"Well now I know why she's so gorgeous!"

My mom laughed, "Wow, thank you! Let me go get Hayley. It was great meeting you..." My mom rounded the kitchen entryway and ushered for me to walk to the door alone. We exchanged smiles. I was soon standing at the door with Chad in front of me. His dark blonde hair was a little messy, but it looked sexy. I was probably blushing like crazy. His brown eyes met mine and they immediately glowed. He let out a breath and looked me up and down. "Wow," he whispered, "You look good, Hayley." My face grew very warm.

"Thank you. You're not looking too bad yourself." I smirked at him. He was wearing jeans and a leather jacket. We basically matched. Suddenly, he reached out with his hand and took mine.

I followed him to his car. I wasn't surprised to see that is was a mustang. The blue color was stunning. He opened the door and I got in, smiling. Going around the car to his side, he got in and started the car. We backed up and sped off into the night.

By now, I was really hoping tonight went well.

--

When we pulled up into the cinema parking lot, the place was crowded. Lots of kids, teens and adults were roaming everywhere. It was worse than Town Hall. "Woah," I said, "Is it usually this crowded?" Chad turned to me smiling. "Sadly, yes. But no worries, I've got you." Before I could say anything, he got out the car and began walking to my side. He opened my door and held his hand out. I took it and we walked to the front entrance. Luckily, the line wasn't very long so we were able to get our tickets within 5 minutes.

Once we were inside, we found our way to the food line. The theatre was lit up with lights. The walls and carpet were a deep red. Children were in the play area and adults were getting food. Chatter filled the room. My hands grew sweaty. I was nervous as hell and I had no idea why.

Chad leaned over to my ear so I could hear him. "I heard the Conjuring is terrifying. You sure you can handle it?" I knew he was joking with me so I rolled my eyes and leaned close to him. "I can handle anything." Suddenly his eyes met mine and he smiled. "Good to know." We walked up in the line and I took the time to really look at Chad. He looked handsome. It was almost hard to believe he had given me his number. I look around shortly after staring at Chad and saw a group of girls in a corner, gawking at him. Several of them were pointing and whispering. I rolled my eyes but stepped closer to Chad. His head turned to look down at me. He smiled.

Finally, we ordered our food. Chad had ordered popcorn and drinks. The popcorn smelled delicious and all I could think of as we headed towards our movie room was eating the heck out of it. Chad held the movie room door open for me and I entered the darkness. The movie was just starting. I hurriedly walked to some seats in the back. Sitting down, I felt Chad sit beside me. Out of instinct, I grabbed for the popcorn and he put our drinks in the cup holders.

The movie previews were showing and all I could focus on was eating the popcorn. I turned to a shocked Chad. "Wow, you really like popcorn." I laughed and nodded. "Yeah," I admitted, "I really do." He smiled and focused back on the previews.

--

We were in the middle of the movie when Chad leaned over to me. "Hey Hayles, I'm gonna go refill my drink. Want me to get yours too?" I nodded and said, "Thank you." He grabbed my cup and lifted out of his seat. I focused back on the movie, silently wishing he was sitting beside me.

--

Taylors POV

The boys were busy talking when I turned to face a group of girls giggling and pointing at me. When I met eyes with one, they all squealed and blushed. I smirked then turned back to the guys' conversation.

"Dude, I swear I saw him here!" Paul turned towards Ashton. Ashton let out a laugh. "I don't doubt it. He must've known Taylor was here." I raised an eyebrow and spoke up. "Who are we talking about?" Paul came towards me patting my shoulder. "Chad, dude."

The name caught me off guard. Chad. Chad Gilbert. His name made me disgusted. "What the hell, man" I groaned. The guys laughed and I shot them a deadly look. "Dude, he was with that red headed chick." Ashton said as he walked towards Paul and I. Paused nodded, "Yeah. What was her name again?"

So, Chad was with Hayley. Fascinating. I ignored the guys and decided to walk out of the building. Anger flooded over me as the cold air hit my face. Chad and I have never gotten along. Every time I ever tried to drag race, his damn vehicle was ready at the other stop sign. He was always smirking. He acted as if he was better than every one of my friends, including myself. That damn smirk always appeared on his face when he knew he was pissing me off. There were several times I had raced with him in the past. There were also several times he claimed he had beat me when we both knew that was a lie.

His name clouded my mind, pissing me off and I tried my best to get it out by lighting a cigarette. Putting my lighter in my back pocket, I lifted the cigarette and placed it in my mouth. "Taylor?" I turned to a blonde girl walking towards me. "Hey Lindsey." I blew out smoke. She crossed her arms as she got closer. "Wow, you haven't changed a bit." I let out a laugh and shook my head. "Nope, not at all." She laughed and I smirked. She hasn't changed either. Her blonde hair was still long and her blue eyes still looked the same. "What are you doing out here alone?" I looked at her, smirking. Instead of answering, I just lifted the cigarette and put it between my mouth. She extended her hand and I knew what she wanted. Grabbing my pack, I took a cigarette out and lit it for her. "Thanks," She winked and walked off. I stared after her. She didn't look bad, either.

After I was done smoking, I dropped the cigarette and stomped it, walking inside. Lindsey was talking to the guys so I decided to go buy a drink.

Lindsey was my friend. For only a short time until she confessed her feelings for me. I fussed her out, furious that she wanted us to be more than friends and told her my friendship was all I could offer. I wasn't serious about her. Not then, and not now.

While waiting, I continued looking around. It wasn't seconds later, that I found Chad walking towards the line. Great, just great.

--

Hayley's POV:

I sat, terrified, clenching to a container of popcorn. It had been 15 minutes since Chad had left and I was getting more worried by the second. Actually, I was a little worried but I wanted an excuse not to watch the movie.

Placing the popcorn in Chad's seat, I got up and whispered, "Excuse me." My hands pushed open the movie room door and I walked to the open area, where everyone was at. My eyes wandered over all of the groups. Finally, I spotted Chad. But the person beside him caught me off guard. "Taylor," I whispered.

--

EEEK. Cliffhanger!!! ;) x