Ch 14: Two Hybrids

New Orleans seemed a bit gloomier than it usually would be. I went into the first pub I saw, and ordered a beer. "You're not from around here, aren't you?", the silver-tongue caught me off guard. I spat my beer out from being startled. I readjusted myself, "I came here to hopefully have a good time, because that's what this city is about. Although it seems like I came on a wrong day, unfortunately". I sighed to myself in pity. I went into a state of shock, seeing who I was making conversation with. It was him... the man from my memory. Yet, why did he smell so familiar?
He recollected his thoughts before speaking again. "Let me rephrase- What is a hybrid, like you, doing here?". He looked more impatient by the second, he had temperamental issues for sure. Before I could answer him, he interrupted me, "God, why do you reek of my Birth Father's scent". He scrunched his nose and pursed his lips in dislike. Why does everybody interrupt me? Then it clicked. He was Klaus Mikaelson, son of Ansel. Ansel? Isn't he a werewolf?
His eyes widened with disbelief, "It can't be". I just stood there, trying to wrap my mind around the given information, "W-Why do I smell like... like a werewolf, Klaus?". He looked at me in disgust, "You don't know you're a werewolf, do you?". A werewolf... a fucking WEREWOLF?! First a Vampire, then a Witch, now a fucking Werewolf? Way to go, Pierce. One of a freaking kind, dammit. "Well I do now.", I shrugged, staring at him hopelessly. I honestly thought he would bring up that I was a witch, but werewolf works too. As long as he doesn't know I'm part Witch as well, I will be good.
"I guess your mom is not the only vampire Ansel had connected with since the day you were born. So, perhaps we have at least something in common that is other than our connected blood ties.", I tried reassuring him. It didn't help much really. "They-they were all killed... how could I let this happen?", he muttered to himself, disappointed. I took a step back, feeling more afraid than ever. Its been practically shared throughout my bloodline's history of how bloodshed-driven Klaus can really be. His head jerked toward me. Shit. He gave me the creepiest response I've ever heard in my life and that's saying a lot.
"You will have a free pass for now, my dear great niece. I'll need you for something bigger, a plan of mine. No need to kill you in a split second, even if every ounce of blood in my body is screaming to rip you to apart, right?", he growled. If Klaus needs to use something or someone to complete his daily plans/killings, nobody can ever say no. He added, "Even if I say that, I know your sister has every ounce of control over you. Control that you are unable to take back... for the moment, at least". Odd and cryptic with his words, I only focused on how those who worked for Klaus have already signed their death sentence. All it takes is by proving they are in fact not useful to him. "What's your plan?.. if I may ask?", I hesitantly asked Klaus. He smiled from ear to ear, "That, my dear, you may not ask. Now run along". He gestured his hand for me to leave. I left very quickly, as well trying to not show my fear. It can only go down from here...
---------------------------
'Twas at the bar, again, trying to make sense of the logically possible and impossible. How could I ever be a witch with powers if I was turned into a vampire. That would be theoretically impossible. But, could my werewolf side deflect the impossible and make me such a powerful hybrid? The thought sank in as I realized my life had become more complicated then expected. "Y/n?", some guy called out my name. I have no idea why such a filthy wolf is in New Orleans, but something is telling me he is involved in the matter of Klaus. The wolf was none other than Tyler Lockwood. Descendant of the famous Lockwood bloodline, bleh.
"Aren't you supposed to be at Mystic Falls High, Tyler?", I groaned, sipping on my Hawaiian cocktail nonchalantly. He reached for my drink in a seconds notice, thankfully the grasp i had on my drink was quick to dodge his hand. He huffed, annoyed, "Aren't you supposed to be there, too? You haven't been at school, for what, a month now?". My blood was boiling from the little nuisance's presence. I took in a deep breath, "I dropped out, idiot". He sat down beside me, apparently making himself feel "at home". "You know you shouldn't be drinking alcohol, right?", he pointed out, eyeing my drink.
"You know what, Lockwood? You can have my drink you son of a bitch since you keep bitching about it!", I growled, throwing my drink onto his nice clothes. "What the fuck, Y/n-!", he exaggeratedly gasped before I lunged at him in the bar... tackling him to the ground. I swung punches at his face continuously. I stopped when I realized he was getting pretty bloody and didn't move an inch. "Why are you so fucking angry with me? I didn't fucking do anything to you!", Tyler groaned, spitting out blood. I broke from a mere distance, watching him get on all fours and stirring with agony. For a second I felt sympathy for the innocent boy, that thought didn't last for long when I saw him healing slowly.
I knelt down to him, "You're right, you didn't do anything to me". I grabbed the neck of his shirt and lifted him up, the fear in his eyes fueled my rage even further than ever. "-It was a very fucking filthy ancestor from your bloodline that betrayed me from A CENTURY AND A HALF AGO!", I screamed, throwing him through the wall of the entrance to the bar. I took in some deep breaths, trying my best to cool down after getting some of my longly held grudge out. Nobody at the bar freaked out, not in the slightest. I looked around me to see not a flinch, everybody at the bar was minding their own business. As if nothing was happening around them. Only of course it is Klaus that would use his beautiful mind compulsion to make the people of New Orleans feel numb towards the supernatural. I look out of the hole I made in the wall, looking at Tyler's injured body lying on the ground.
I groaned loudly, unwillingly dragging my own feet to check up on him. There he was, lying as still as the dead. I gripped his chin with my hand, shaking his head to check if he was still unconscious. Tyler sharply winced, squeezing his eyelids shut due to the immense pain in his body's current condition. I let go of his chin, sarcastically responding, "Awe, you poor innocent puppy. Maybe you should've done your research before coming to talk to me". I stood back up and walked away, shouting, "Oh quit your whining, it's getting annoying!".