Ch 17: Rekindling A Lost Flame

"Well brother, it seems like your plan has failed. Onto mine next- and, let the pro show you how it's done.", Damon deeply sighed before I heard him making his way towards me. "Damon, stay where you are. I don't want to see you.", I muttered, taking my final steps towards the stake. My body was quickly pulled and spun around to meet the eyes of the man I released from the Sire's bond a couple months back.
He spoke in a mockingly tone, "Ouch, I'm hurt you don't want me to be here with you". I rolled my eyes and scoffed at him, "You have the nerve coming back after walking out on me, Asshole". "Walking out on you??", Damon's rough tone lashed my previous statement back. He took my hand into his, weirdly enough. His cold blue eyes then turned into an ocean with large crashing waves... or at least I'd like to think they would. "I didn't walk out on you, Y/n! You were the one who ended my Sire bond, calling it quits on me after making me forget and disregard about my feelings for anyone or anything in my sight!", Damon had completely raised his voice.
"Don't you dare put your blame on me, Damon.", I growled, defensively retracting my hand from his. The anger on his face unmatched the absolute fury brewing within my heart. "It's not me to blame, Y/n. Let me make it clear for you since you didn't understand it the first time: You. Made. Me. Forget.", Damon huffed, shrugging his shoulders showing that he did not give a damn about me. He made it clear alright. If he must have known that he forgot his feelings about us, who made him regain it all back or did he magically remember our feelings on his own. "The stupid gears are moving in your head.", he sighed, bored out of his mind. "Why are you even talking to me about your frustrations with what I had done? Why does it matter to you so damn much?", I wondered aloud, confused as hell. Yet I still felt so much anger.
"My brother, Stefan, had practically begged me to come talk to you. Annoying the hell out of me in the process, telling me how you we're dealing with the unnecessary shit you did.", Damon rolled his eyes. I wanted to walk away from him so bad, I couldn't stand being near him while he kept talking like a douchebag. "Forget that I even asked.", I muttered under my breath, clearly pained from his carelessness. I tossed the stick aside and turned my back on him before walking away. He grabbed my hand and placed it upon his beating heart. "Damon- what the fuck!", I yelled, embarrassed. I punched him in the gut to put more distance in between us. What I didn't know that followed after, was a small momentarily weak chuckle flowing from his mouth.
"What's so funny?", I frustratedly inquired. He looked at me, slowly correcting his stance, "You're still the same girl since I first met you". "How so?", I then asked, curiously. He walked up to me again, "You're still that fiery vampire who knows her self worth.", Damon softly spoke, taking another shot in placing the palm of my hand on his beating heart. I let him do it, too. "Damon, you know I can hear your heart pounding. So, why put my hand on your chest?", I foolishly asked, blushing like a maniac. He softly smiled, making my heart melt, "I figured it would be a more 'accurate' representation. To feel it rather than just hearing it". He nervously added, "... I honestly don't know where I was going with that. -The point is, I've had all the time in the world to think about what our relationship had truly meant to me after you pulled your little stunt. And of course with Stefan's little reminder, I know now what I want from you".
"...What might that be?", I gulped, glancing upon his soft lips. He leaned in closer, "I want you to be with me, Y/n. I want for us to be together again. I want to lay in bed with you, softly stroking your hair as you go to sleep and wake up to your messy hair -which I don't know how it manages to get tangled and fluffed so easily. I love your cute giggles whenever I'm put in a position and I get frustrated over nothing. I like hearing you sing, when you think you're alone in the house. I want to take you out to fancy dinners where we drink wine and have some fun of our own, messing with innocent people being our specialty. Lastly-!". I cut him off by pulling the neck of his collar and kissing him very passionately. Damon put his hands on my waist, pressing me into his body. I ran my fingers through the back of his hair, happy that I get to do these wonderfully amazing things with him again.
His tongue purposely slipped into my mouth, rousingly sliding against my tongue. My nails dragged down the back of his neck, making him grunt in absolute euphoric pleasure. After a few minutes of this had passed, I pulled away contently. "...I want to make sweet love and experience it with you as many times as possible. That is, hoping you want the same. Do you know why?", he smirked, lightly panting. I intertwined my fingers with his, "Why?". I knew it was coming, the moment I've waited to so long to hear.
"It's because I love you so goddamn much. You have given me my humanity and made it worth something... something I thought would never come back. Don't you ever think for a fucking second, from now on, that I'm letting you go again.", he sincerely expressed his feelings. I looked into his eyes, "Then don't. Don't let me go again and we shall try to live in bliss. Let's go home, shall we?". Damon leaned forward to softly kiss my forehead, I closed my eyes and felt the moment come to a calm state. "We shall.", he smiled, walking with me to our home at the Salvatore Boarding house.