Chapter 7

They had fallen asleep holding each other. At some point, Magnus went back to the warehouse. He lived again all these horrible feelings he had felt a few days ago. He ended up waking up as his body sensed the tension. He sat on the bed and watched if Alec had woken up, because of him, but the shadowhunter was sleeping. He tried to calm himself down, which turned out to make him more frustrated than he was feeling before.

"Damn it...". Whispered to himself and his chest was rising up and down fast. He wanted to wake Alec up and he couldn't. His husband had been tired as well and he needed sleep. He got up from the bed quietly and went to the bathroom. A shower, he thought, will help. He walked in, closing the door behind and stood in front of the mirror. The mirror was not too big not too small, but he could see his torso well. It was a huge shock when he took off Alec's t- shirt and saw his body. Bruises, scars and cuts. He stayed still staring at his body in horror. Images from what had happened kept popping up in front of his eyes. His screams, his tears afterwards, when he was alone. Everything.

"N... no... shit... Fuck"! He said and his breathing became heavier.

Alec opened his eyes only too see that Magnus wasn't next to him. He immediately got up and called out his husband's name, but he got no answer back. He saw light coming out of the bathroom so he knocked the door.

"Magnus? Is everything okay? Do you need anything?" Asked Alec. He waited for a bit and asked again, but no answer came from the other side of the door. He assumed that something was wrong so he opened it.
"Honey, do you...". Alec entered and saw Magnus staring at himself. He looked sad, broken and angry. He didn't seem to notice him entering the room, so Alec walked towards him and put his hand on Magnus's waits, but only to be pushed away.

"Alec please, get out!" Said Magnus as calm as possible, but he couldn't hide the tears in his eyes.

Alec? The young man thought. Magnus never called him Alec, unless he was angry at him or upset. "Mags, honey... talk to me". The shadowhunter said softy and approached him again. "Are you in pain? I can bring you something ". He asked.

Magnus turned to look at him. His eyes full of tears and Alec knew that Magnus was trying to hold himself together. He knew that one word is enough to make him break down in tears. "Get out". He said again, but Alec took a step closer.

"No. I'm not going anywhere". Alec said.

"Alex...ander... please...." Magnus whispered and and tears rolled down his cheeks. "Please get out". Magnus shouted at him.

"Shh... I'm here...". Alec hugged him and Magnus cried. He tried to push Alec away, but the shadowhunter held him in his arms. He was whispering comforting things in his ear in order to make him relax.

"Please... leave me alone". Magnus managed to say through his sobbing.

"No... I'm not leaving you alone. Never again. I'm here now". Alec reassured him.

"Please... please make it stop... please ". Magnus cried and screamed more and Alec let him. The young man held him tightly and after a while Magnus had stopped crying. Alec had moved them back to bed and Magnus now was watching the stars out of the window and remembered how he used to watch the stars out of the small window in his cell. Alec was playing with his hair trying to keep him calm. He wanted to make him understand that he was there for him no matter what. They were in silence for a long time until Magnus spoke.

"I couldn't defend myself". Said Magnus. "They were... cruel Alexander". He added. "It was awful". Alec tried to hold his tears back and waited for Magnus to continue.

"I've never allowed anyone to do something like this to me and now...". His voice cracked and tears filled his eyes.

"Shh... it's over now, I'm here with you and I'm not going to let anything happen to you". Said Alec and hugged him.

Magnus held Alec tightly. He hated that Alec had to see him like this, but deep down knew that he needed only Alec by his side. The shadowhunter always had this effect on him. Of course there were moments who was putting that brave face, forgetting that Alec could see through it. He could understand when Magnus was sad, upset, mad or anything. He loved that about Alec. Someone could say that his husband knew him better than himself sometimes.

After a while Magnus fell asleep again, but Alec didn't. He was playing with his hair slowly and tried to think what he could do to make him feel better. No ideas so far.

It had been less than two hours when Magnus woke up again and gasped for air. Alec looked at him worried.

"Magnus? Hey... it was just a dream". Alec reassured him. "Breath". He advised him and the other man nodded in agreement.

Magnus had his hand on his hand and was looking around the room and then his gaze rested on Alec.

"I know... I know, it was just... too intense". He added.

"Come here baby". Alec pulled him down with him and Magnus rested his head on Alec's chest listening his heartbeat. The rhythm usually worked as a lullaby for the warlock, but right now it was just a normal sound in his ear.

"I'm sorry Alexander". Said Magnus and Alec looked at him confused. "I'm not following Mags". Said the shadowhunter.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this. I know you're tired and you'd rather sleeping right now, instead of being awake...". Magnus wanted to say something more, but Alec shush him, by putting a finger on his lips.

"Are you kidding? You have nothing to apologize for". Alec commented.

"But I still feel that..."

"Oh my God. I thought my husband knew, but apparently he doesn't". Alec looked at Magnus who now was wondering if his shadowhunter was kidding or being serious.

"Life is full of surprises, isn't Mags? " Asked Alec with a smile in his face and Magnus nodded smiling.

"You're amazing my angel". Magnus whispered. "I'm really lucky to have you". The warlock added.

" I am lucky to have you my love". Alec answered. "I'll do anything for you. Anything to make you feel better". And with that Alec took his face softy in his hands and kissed him. He kissed him slowly, with love and of course the other man returned the kiss by pulling him closer. Alec had put his leg on Magnus's lap and Magnus was feeling protected for some reason. He felt what Alec had said. That he will do anything to protect him.

Pillows, blankets and Alec kissing him. Magnus felt like was in heaven, all the bad thoughts had been replaced with better ones. He felt light and dizzy, but it was a good dizziness. Maybe that's what he needed. A kiss. A hug. A cute smile to make him realize that it was over. Now he was with his husband and only with him. Alec continued kissing him and Magnus let him take control over him.

"Angel..." Magnus whispered happy. "I love you so much". He continued. That made Alec smiled more and now was carring Magnus's cheek. "I love you more my Magnus". Said Alec. He lied down pulling him closer. Now it was clear that Magnus was feeling better, he felt Magnus's hands traveling on his bare back and him smiling. "Can we stay like this forever? Please!" Magnus begged. "Of course my love" Alec answered and after a few more kisses and confessions of love they fell asleep.

***************************♡****************************

Okay so do u guys remember when I said that this ff will be less than 5 chapters? Yeah... well if you made it until the 7th one congratulations. I appreciate you. I also want to thank you all for adding my story on your reading list. (You know who you are.) Thank you all for reading my story. If you have any thoughts or feedback, feel free to comment. I answer to all comments. Also new chapter(s) are coming soon so stay tuned.

You can follow me on:

Instagram: malecxlightwood_
Tumblr: itsyourgirlathena
Twitter:malecxlightwood

Love ya,
See you soon <3