046,

EPISODE EIGHTpapa

EPISODE EIGHT
papa.

THE GROUP were all frantically looking around for music or anything that could help nancy, as steve was screaming at her to wake up.

"steve says you need to hurry!" erica yelled as she ran in. "yeah? no shit!" dustin screamed.

"we're trying! we cant find anything!" max exclaimed, "what is all this shit?" robin yelled.

"what are you even looking for?" eddie yelled, "madonna, blondie, bowie, beatles? music! we need music!" robin exclaimed as eddie snatched the tapes out of her hand. "this is music!" he screamed.

they heard steve's relieved yells and all ran to the small gate as he was cradling nancy in his arms, they all sighed in relief and beckoned steve to come back with nancy.

"he...showed me things that haven't happened yet." nancy began hoarsely. "the most awful things...i saw a dark cloud spreading over hawkins. downtown on fire. dead soldiers."

they all listened with small frowns. "this giant creature...with a gaping mouth. and this creature wasn't alone. there were so many monsters. an army. and they were coming to hawkins. into our neighbourhoods. our homes. and then...he showed me my mom and holly...mike. and they...they were all." she shook her head as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"okay, but...he's just trying to scare you, nance." steve nodded. "right? i mean...it's not real."

"not yet." nancy whispered, sending shivers down nova's spine.

"but there was something else..he showed me gates. four gates. spreading across hawkins. and these gates, they looked like the one outside of eddie's trailer. but they didn't stop growing. and this wasn't the upside down hawkins...this was our hawkins. our home." nancy whispered.

nova looked up, "four chimes." she spoke up softly as they all turned to look at her, frowning. "what?"

"vecna's clock. it always chimes four times. four exactly." she explained, nancy looked up at her. "i heard them too."

nova shook her head, lip trembling. "he's been telling us his plan this whole time."

"four kills." lucas spoke up with wide eyes, "four gates...end of the world." he looked at nova who looked at him, and then away.

"if that's true...he's only one kill away." dustin whispered. "oh jesus christ. jesus christ." eddie exclaimed.

"try them again. again, now." steve pointed to the phone, max scoffed, but did it. she attempted to ring the byers household, but they didn't pick up.