Chapter 6

A terrible scream rent the air, deep within Hogwarts castle.

"Had enough, Mr. Malfoy?"

Draco's wrists were tied together, and his legs felt like lead.

"I've told you everything I know."

"Then brace yourself," Romena warned, a malicious smile on her face.

Draco shut his eyes.

She raised her wand and there was a loud CRACK as an invisible whip struck him for the third time.

He doubled over in pain.

He would make her pay for this, he thought savagely, as blood streamed copiously down his back.

He had woken up in an unfamiliar part of the castle, in a large cavernous room that looked much like a dungeon, but Draco knew all the dungeons near the Slytherin common room, and this one...this one simply did not exist.

How long until someone noticed he was missing? Or worse, what if they assumed he'd escaped, and left the castle?

He suspected Romena had cast a powerful deception charm. For all he knew they were in an empty classroom, on one of the upper floors.

"Dumbledore won't stand for this," Draco hissed.

"Dumbledore doesn't know where you are," Romena replied. I've made sure of it." She grinned madly, turning to the guard standing behind her.

He nodded in agreement.

Malfoy subconsciously reached for his wand then remembered it was gone, most likely stolen when he'd been in the hospital wing.

Romena moved towards Draco, muttering an incantation.

He braced himself again...his whole body tensing...

There was an explosion. A large reptile-like creature erupted from her wand and flew through the air...

"Nooooooo!" Malfoy screamed, as it landed on his neck.

The reptile's fangs pierced his skin, tearing at his flesh. He reached for the animal, trying to yank it off, but its grip was unyielding.

In a matter of moments his face started to swell...his breathing slowed...his heartbeats grew more and more magnified...

He sank to the floor, and then...

Nothing.

All the pain was gone. He looked around, searching for the fanged beast, but there was nothing...all he felt was a rush of wind.

Draco dropped his hands, trembling...it had been a false spell.

Romena laughed.

She had planted all sorts of horrors and hallucinations into his mind for the past hour. Advanced confundus charms were her specialty, and she took great delight in their creation.

Draco clutched his head. He was disoriented, and it was becoming harder to distinguish what was real.

"You haven't told me everything, isn't that right, Mr. Malfoy?"

"I have," he said desperately.

It was partly true. He had given Romena the names and hideouts of numerous Death Eaters...useless information as they constantly changed locations, but still, information nonetheless.

"You've left out the most important detail," she said, her voice pouring over him like acid.

He swallowed, thinking she meant to ask about his family. He was a skilled Occlumens, and so far he had been successful in shielding his mind from her...