11 | Infidel & Infant

Thankyou @mominabatool75 for the wonderful chapter art! :)

I felt lightheaded to the point where I just wanted to collapse on the ground, but I couldn't, especially with Zaakhir a mere few feet away from me.

"Nice room you have here, sweetheart," he slurred, pushing himself off of the door frame.

My mouth went dry and I tried so terribly hard to stop my hands from shaking. I set the holy books back on the desk so that they wouldn't slip from my feeble grip.

"Ah! I'm very sorry I interrupted your reading session." His eyebrows shot up exaggeratedly as he strode forward. "Mind if I see what book it is?"

I staggered backwards as he came closer and plopped on the bed that was beside the desk. I watched as his cheerful expression transformed into one of disgust as he glared at the first book on the pile.

"The Torah?!" He fumed and narrowed his eyes at me. "How dare you read this filth!"

I opened my mouth to give an explanation when Zaakhir suddenly lifted his hand and slapped me so hard that I fell against the bed. A burst of pain and heat erupted within my left cheek. The strange taste of blood filled my mouth.

"You're showing every single sign of being a traitor to your own people with each fleeting moment!" He spat and grabbed the back of my head, bringing me close to his infuriated face. "Do you know what we do with infidels? We kill them, just as Allah comm-"

Then, I just snapped and shoved Zaakhir to the floor with all my strength.

"Don't you dare use Allah to justify your crimes. And I'm not the infidel, you are!"

His eyes went ablaze and his nostrils flared as he got up. "Listen here, you whore-"

"No, you listen to me," I shouted, heat rising to my cheeks. I may very well get slapped yet again. "You really think killing Allah's creations will get you somewhere? You're a grown man, are you that shallow?"

With one swift motion, which I was not prepared for, he threw me back on the bed and positioned himself above me. Pinning me down on the mattress with his knees on either side of my hips, he wrapped his knobby hands around my throat.

"This - is - exactly - why - women - are - meant - to - shut - up - for - eternity," he snarled, his hold on my throat tightening with each word. "Where's your bravery now, you slut?"

His eyes were glazed with insanity and he leered at me in a way that made my insides cringe. I watched helplessly as twisted pleasure radiated off his skin.

My own eyes began to water with pain. A man who was old enough to be my father was straddled on top of me, and buried his face in the groove of my neck.

My father...

Where was he now? Does he know that I've been held hostage? Did he see the video? No, the video was filmed just an hour ago, or was it earlier than that?

Zaakhir enjoyed my powerlessness; he pinned my hands over my head with one hand and ran his other hand beneath my abaya, up my thigh...

"No!"

He did not listen. Zaakhir responded by pulling down the neckline of my abaya and biting down on my naked flesh at my collarbone.

"Stop! No!"

Suddenly, he was fiercely peeled off of my body and he collapsed backwards with a scream, grabbing both sides of his own head. I massaged my throat, trying to regain my breathing, and stared down at Zaakhir in utmost confusion. That is, until I looked up.