prologue

Hello readers!

This story is mostly about mending a father daughter relationship with some side romance. I just wanted to write this chapter because this is how i would imagine twilight and anya would part ways if the mission failed.

I will try to upload when i can so please be patient with me.

This story will include damianya. If you dont ship this i suggest clicking off the story or be polite in the comments. I understand why people wouldn't ship this and why that would make you uncomfortable.

This story will include these following topics
-mentions of death
-mentions of murder
-manipulation/gaslighting
-abusive relationship
-abandonment issues

Lastly, i want to thank you guys for giving this a chance.

Enjoy reading♡♡

_______________________
The wind blew past anya as she held a suitcase, packed everything she had.

They were back at the horrid adoption center.

No matter how many times she has been through this process, it still horrified her non the less. She could stop her eyes widening, threatening to cry, her lips quivering as they were begging to scream. No, i dont want to go back there. Not now. Not when everything was going so well.

"Anya.." loid whispered under his breath as he watched her horrified face. "Papa.." anya spoke, her voice trembling as she was fighting back tears, not believing loid would send her back. Not believing that he would break his promise.

This has to be a mistake. Papa wouldn't send me back here. No, my telepathy is wrong. He wouldn't send me back. He wont. He wont.

Loid's mouth felt dry. Even as a spy, he couldnt hide how much he was dreading this very day. The sleepless nights, he constant rage fits. He hated not being able to do his job right, but as of right now he hated not being there for anya most of all. He hated how he will never watch her grow up, graduate, get a career, find a lover.. never make new, happy memories.

As he parted his mouth to speak, the creaky wooden door opened to the adoption center. "Huh? What do you want?" He drunk man wearily said as he struggled to keep his balance, eventually leaning on the door for stability. Anya slowly looked at the crack between the man and the door, peaking to the inside. It was all the same, if not worse then before.

Loid cleared his throat, snapping back into character. "I would like to return anya" he said, voice unwavering as if they didnt leave a bitter taste on his tongue. Anya held her breath as she gripped loids hand tighter. "Yeah? Come in... just fill out some paper work or whatever.." the man hiccupped "shame that brat is back.." he mumbled as he struggled to walk to what seemed to be the front desk, Anya and loid following him.

The man handed loid some papers and told him to go fill them out while he went to prepare a room.

The two sat in silence, not speaking to each other. Anya wondered how loid was feeling. Then again, she already knew. He was suffering like her. 'Papa is a master of disguise' anya smiled slightly as her eyes grew apologetic. The memories they made together made anya feel so loved. But she knew it had to end at some point. She didnt expect the ending to become so abrupt and so soon.

"Why are you smiling?" Loid coldly said.

He told himself to make it easier for anya to move on. To make anya despise him. He never found out about her telepathy so it never occurred to him that anya knew everything all along.

She stopped smiling and faced loid with eyes full of regret.

No matter how this situation is portrayed, anya never wants to come back to this horrid place.

When the man came back, loid handed the filled out papers to him. "Alright anya, come to your new room.." he hazily said as he wobbled throught the corridor, not caring if anya was following him since he knew that anya has been back and forth in this place. Anya got up from her chair, as well as loid.

Before loid could walk out, he felt a tug on his suit.

"Why is papa leaving?! Anya is sorry! She will do better! Please stay!!" she abruptly screamed. After a pause to catch her breaths through her sobbing she wearily continued. "Anya promises to do her studies! She will never ask for peanuts again.. she will be good! Please let her stay by your side." she hiccupped. "Papa..dont leave anya here!" She cried, pulling loid back from leaving.

Loid felt his eyes watering as he tried to leave, anya begging him to change his mind.

'Im sorry anya, this is for the best.. i cant get you in danger.. not after that incident. Im sorry i got attached, im sorry i chose you.im sorry. Im sorry. Im so sorry, anya.' Loid kept repeating apologies after apologies in his head, not daring to look at anya as tears streamed down his face. For once, this mistake didn't embarrass him as a spy, but as a human being. How could he leave a young girl back to this torn down place? How could he leave anya in this horrid adoption center?

Nonetheless, after loid kept repeating his apologies, anya stopped begging and let him go. Loid turned around to see why stopped. His eyes were met with anya, On the floor crying silently as she tried to hold back. "Anya will never forget you, mr forger" she said, voice hoarse after the screaming. She knew it would make it harder for loid if she continued to beg him to stay.

The words "mr forger" coming out of anya's mouth felt like a thousand slaps across the face.

This is what you deserve

How dare you make her suffer so much

She was your daughter

You broke your promise

She is suffering because of you

Loid cleared his throat as he looked down on anya.

"It's better to forget me, Anya"

Anya watched his blurry figure walk away as she stifled her sobs. Out of every name she had, her favorite name was made up of a pretend family. She stayed on the floor crying for a while and she wondered if the gods felt bad for her. Felt guilty for putting her in a place like this. If they would ever let her keep a happy place of her own.

______

I hope you guys liked this chapter and see you next chapter ♡

(Hopefully my motivation stays ○>○)

Fun fact- this is the prologue i chose out of the 4 i made!