Chapter 10

I slid the silver hoop earring into the small hole on my earlobe and then ruffled my curls. I grabbed my clutch, slipped my phone in and walked down the steps and saw Ari texting on her phone. When she heard me coming she stopped texting and smiled at me. I offered a smile back and she let out a laugh. "This is weird isn't it?" She offered and I nodded.

"What are we going to do?" She bit her lip at my question and shrugged.

"I just know that neither of us deserve this. Whatever game he is playing." I sat down on the couch with her and leaned my head on her shoulder.

"All I want to know is why he still claims everything he does. I talked to him the other day at the hospital about how I felt uneasy about some things. He told me that he would do anything to get those uneasy feeling to go away." I can still remember his hopeful face as he said what he did.

"What the shit? No offense. He keeps telling me he is ending it." I stood up and gripped her hand in mine.

"Let's go mess with him. If he wants to play with fire, we'll play right back." Ari smirked at me and we both made our way down the street to the party. The party is in celebration for Jessie having only six weeks to go until he is cast free. The offensive lineman, upon his tackle, had broken Jessie's left ankle. As pissed as he is about it, it's better than sitting out for the rest of the season.

When Ari and I entered the frat, we both saw Jessie sitting on the couch, with his foot up, in basketball shorts with a simple black tank top and drinking from a solo cup. Ari walked past him and gave him a wink and he shifted in his position. After his gaze left her she shook her head at me. I let out a chuckled while walking up to him and pecked his cheek, sitting next to him. "How are you doing?" I asked and peered at him. I don't know how to describe his demeanor, but he didn't seem like mine anymore. Well he isn't. Yet, he still avidly claims to be?

He gave me a weak smile and downed the rest of his drink. "Pathetic. I have this stupid cast on for 6 to 7 weeks. The line will never hear the end of this." He shook his head crushing the cup. He is such a baby.

"Why don't I get you another drink? I need one too." I was about to get up when he pulled me back down.

"I think I'm just going to head to bed. Not to mention too much to drink will interfere with the pain pills they gave me for a week. So." He kissed my forehead. "I'm going to head up in a couple minutes." He's trying to get rid of me. Interesting. Let's see what Ari can do.

I nodded and gave him a fake smile. "Okay, well I'm going to get a drink. I'll just sleep over my place tonight, so you can get used to your cast." I saw him scowl at his cast before I stood up and walked to the bar where Ryder was mixing drinks with Levi. "Hey boys." I smiled at them and stood next to the lone boy at the bar. Luke Merlin.. I bit my lip and gave him a small smile. "Good game Lucas." I grabbed my drink from Ryder and pinched his cheek. "You are going to be the QB for the next couple of months. How you feeling about that?"

Just as ryder was going to speak Levi cut in pouring some peach colored deliciousness into four cups. "He's freaking out like a pussy." I shook my head and took a gulp of the Captain Morgans and diet coke and rose an eyebrow at Ryder.

He shrugged and finished off whatever was in his cup, before smashing the cup away. I shook my head and grabbed the drink Levi was offering along with Luke and Ryder. "I guess I feel like Jessie is going to be like some military General and drilling me 24/7, because I am taking his spot. So, there is like, a lot of pressure to not fuck up." I tasted the substance and gave Levi a thumbs up and moved closer to Luke when some girl with beach blonde hair came up and french kissed Ryder for ten seconds before walking away and giggling with her friends.

I felt Luke put a hand at the small of my back as the three of us laughed at Ryder's shocked face. "Well Ryder, I think being the first string QB means that happens a lot more often." Levi suggested as I sipped the drink and saw a group of girls point at Luke and Ryder. I saw then move this way and Levi grinned at them.

"Ladies, what can we get for you?" They all giggled and one girl with long dark hair smiled up at Luke.

"A dance with your wide receiver." Luke smiled down at her, and my stomach heated with what I am assuming is jealousy. I looked away and found Ari helping Jessie up the stairs. She looked irritated and I let out a smile. Levi caught onto my actions and raised an eyebrow at me. I waved him off and he shook his head.

I looked back to Luke and his admirer and saw she was walking outside, with her friends disappointed. Luke looked down at me and I smiled up at him. He blushed and excused us both to a more secluded place. The hammock section in the very back of the house. I laid down next to Luke, My head on his chest as he gently rocked us. "You looked a little pissed back there, Bri."

I let out a small laugh and nodded. "I forgot how many admirers you have."

"But only one matters." I looked up to him and kissed his cheek. After a few more minutes I looked back up at him. "Do you know about Jessie's secret?" He looked at me confused and shook his head.

"No, but I'm assuming you do?"

"Have you known he and Ari have been hooking up for a year?"

"Wait. Are you kidding?"

"So you had no idea?"

"NO. No idea whatsoever. I would have told you if I knew. I promise." I sighed and rested back in his arms and I felt his muscles relax at my movements. "I will say something to him-"

"No don't, I don't want this to get out of hand." I stood up when I saw Michelle running at us.

"I don't want to know what is happening here," she burped and grabbed my hand, "but we got a song to dance to sistaaaa!" She pulled me away from Luke, giggling in her drunken state. I looked back at Luke and saw him still on the hammock, perplexed by what I said. I hope he drops the subject. Ari and I are working solo.