Smoke x Mute ✔︎

Mark looked at the clock in the living room, which hung just above the window, so everyone could look at it, even if the room was crowded. Sighing, he sat down on the soft cushions of the big community couch.

Now, it was empty. Almost every operator had something important to do like training in the gym or practicing their aim at the shooting range. Mark was not a fan of doing any of that today, especially after an energy draining mission he went on with his team mates.

Soon, he felt another figure plopping down on the couch next to him, leaning onto Chander. As their eyes met, the world was reduced to only the two pf them. "Good day, my love." James smiled, his hand on Mark's hip, making the Brit melt under the warm touch. The two of them have been together for one and a half months by now.

"Good day you too. I hope you didn't worry too much about me." Mark winked and smiled as he gave James a kiss, the feeling of James' soft lips giving him butterflies.

"When did I ever worry about you, eh?" The chemist joked to distract from the fact that his cheeks were slightly red "I don't know, but it's definitely not been long. Remember the time where I slipped on a wet rock and twisted my ankle? You wouldn't leave my side until Doc threw you out" Mark recalled, getting a slight chuckle from James as he sat down on the younger ones lap.

"Yes, yes. I remember that very well." he sighed and nuzzles his head into his chest as the TV show played in the background. Mark then started brushing over Porters hair, his soft yet chaotic hair. "When was the last time your hair has been washed?" Mark asked as he placed gentle kisses on James' forehead.

"Uhm... Must have been around three to five days ago, I don't remember." He chuckled nervously, knowing they had this talk already. James always stayed in the lab for very long periods of time, often missing out on meals or even entire training sessions. He would always whip out an excuse for his behavior and sometimes it even worked.

"Just make sure you eat at least once a day and maintain a basic hygiene routine. Otherwise the hostages would suffer from the smell more than from the bullets." Mark lectured while holding the chemist tight as he observed how nervously James was fiddling around with his fingers.

"What show are you watching?" James asked, his face buried comfortably in Mark's chest. He would rather have Mark tell him what he was watching than turning around.

"Bar rescue." he replied and continued to watch people getting scolded. Weirdly enough, this was his favorite show to watch because people were getting yelled at for creating health hazards.

"Who in their right mind let's it come so far, that the ice dispenser is full of black mold?? Fucking hell mate..." Mark commented after some time and face palmed. James, who had been napping peacefully, jolted awake from the sudden noise.

"Calm down?" he mumbled in a tired manner as he desperately tried to pick up on his dream. Mark kissed him and sighed, apologizing for waking his loved one up.

"It's fine, but can't you please sleep? It's fucking 1am" James grunted and clung onto Mark as if he would die if he were to let go. So Mark just carried James to their shared dorm as quietly as possible. Thatcher could get very grumpy if woken up at such ungodly hour.

After mumbling their 'good night's and 'love you's to each other, the soon fell asleep just like anyone else.

~ 621 words