⁰³ ꥟ ᵇᵉ ᵃ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈ

-be a friend-

-be a friend-

I WAS ALMOST TOO SCARED TO LEAVE the drop ship. I stood as close as possible and near the surroundings of Wells. I didn't know anyone else, besides Bellamy. But even Bellamy I didn't know at all. Everyone I did know was gone. Just now I began to think maybe it was best to go with the others on the trip to get food.

Maybe they could've used the help, but now I'd never know. The best I could do now is just help Wells.

He sat in the same spot until he couldn't. By my surprise he got up on his own. "Hey, where you going?" I uttered.

"We need to collect some wood. No one else seems to be doing it." He took a look around the camp and I followed his daze. He was right, everyone was doing their own things.

"I'll go with you." I was quick to say.

"Why?" He asked. His question slightly caught me by surprise—only because even I wasn't so sure why.

I shrugged a bit, "It's just who I am, Wells."

He took that answer and just nodded a bit. Even though I was nervous to go out, I found myself following Wells to get some firewood. We didn't want to go too far out so we didn't. He looked around for anything that was easy to grab and he seemed like he knew what he was doing so I did the same.

"Go check if there's anything over there." He pointed to the left, we parted ways but were only a few feet away from each other. I found a pile that I picked up until I couldn't hold any more.

"So, how'd you get arrested?" I commented. Attempting a conversation.

"Came down for a friend." He said as he picked more wood up.

"The blonde? Clarke?" They were obviously close friends so it wasn't hard to figure which 'friend' he came down here for. Especially when most of the camp hates him.

"Yeah..." he sighed. "Let's take this back to camp for now. Maybe we can try to get more some other time. But right now—this'll do."

"Alrighty." I again followed behind him, watching each of my step. Once we reached the camp Wells threw his stack down in a pile. I walked over and tossed mine with his.

"Find any water yet?" A man asked. I brushed dirt off my hands and looked up to see it was the guy that hurt Wells.

Wells was still looking down at the wood we had just collected, "No, not yet, but..." he stopped himself when noticing who was asking.