𝐈.

DARKNESS WAS ALL SHE COULD SEE

From the moment she opened her eyes, she could see and feel that she was stuck in some sort of container, and the worst part was nothing like it.

There was a boy in the container with her.

"Ow, stop moving!" she yelled in a hushed tone at the boy.

"Ouch, sorry!" he cried, not wanting to face the rage of the woman who he just met.

Josephine clicked her tongue in annoyance before flicking out her wand. The boy just stares at the wand in confusion. With a swish of her wand, the cover of the container they were in pieces.

The witch was the first one to step out of the container. She examined the room they were in. There were a lot of floating coffins from what she observed and it seems like both her and the boy were in the same coffin. From what she can tell, this might be some school like Hogwarts.

But why her?

Looking next to her, the boy she was with was gone. She shrugged it off, it wasn't her problem. She needed to find out what was happening and where she is. Patting her pockets, she sighed in relief as she felt her wand and shrunken trunks in her pockets before realizing she was wearing a robe.

Before she can take it off, the creak of the door opening reached her ears making her look behind her.

8 people entered the room.

The one who looked the oldest and wore a crow-like mask was the first one to approach her. "How did you open the gate, young one?" he inquired. 'That was a gate?!' Josephine furrowed her eyebrows.

"You weren't supposed to be out, especially without a key," he mumbled before feeling immense magic from her. "I suppose we can get you sorted out since you are out."

Josephine let the strange man lead her to the middle of the room where a mirror floated. The mirror didn't have any reflection like the one she encountered on the train. Then a mask-like face surfaced in the mirror.

It looked at her up and down, like it was scanning her for something. She caught its eyes widen before looking at the man next to her.

"This soul cannot be placed in a dorm."

All the present people froze at what the mirror said before it continued. "Her core is something I have never witnessed before. A foreign core, a complicated and powerful one. Therefore, she cannot fit into any dormitories."

The silence in the room was thick, especially since they all processed that Josephine was a girl. "My this has never happened before, in my years of being the headmaster at least!" The man exclaimed.

Josephine reached out to her the hood of the robe she was wearing and pulled it down. The light of the room bounced on her pale skin which looks like she hasn't gotten any sunlight in years. The thin circular glasses shined brightly as it shows her azure eyes. One of the people looked in awe at how her hair was so messy yet made a perfect look for her.

"And it never will since, this must be a mistake."

It took them half an hour to introduce themselves and explain to her before exchanging some little info.

Josephine run a hand through her hair in frustration and the stares that the Savanaclaw Prefect, Leona Kingscholar was giving her were no help at all.