1 | Tacky uniforms

A/N: This story contains cursing

I walk into starcourt mall feeling like literal shit. My mum had forced you to get up and look for a job apparently that was a must. My mum was one of those parents who cares more about your future than your life right now. I sigh groggily knowing that today's going to be a long day. I decide too head over too scoops ahoy since they have alot of customers.

"Ahoy ladies!" Yells a guy In a cheesy, tacky sailor outfit and giant hair. I can't help but giggle at his efforts of 'flirting' he was trying way too hard. "Oh shush harrington" I hear a girl say from the back of the shop and walk out in the same uniform and wow was she pretty. She instantly notices me from across the room and smiles at me. My stomach does that weird fluttery thing.

"Hi what can I get you" she says with that same smile. "Uh I was just wondering if you guys were looking for jobs?" I ask.
"Yup, we sure are." She says still grinning, "could I please apply?" I ask shyly. "Yea sure, your hired!" Wow that was quick. "do I need to sign something or.."
"Nope, your hard work will suffice" I laugh making everyone behind me look super pissed clearly people in Hawkins love their ice cream.

"When can I start?" I ask, excited to get too know the girl. "Now if you'd like," she replied. "Oh I forgot too say im Y/N"
"Oh yea I'm Robin nice too meet you" she says sticking out a hand. I shake it hoping your hands arent too sweaty.

"Right this way" Robin says pushing the doors open to reveal the back of the shop. "This is were the magic all happens! You can use those outfits, just try to find one that suits you and we'll try to get you a nametag as soon as possible" gesturing to the sailor uniform."Oh! And this is Steve Harrington, but you can just call him douchebag he doesn't mind"
"I actually do" he calls from behind the ice cream freezer"
"Yea whatever" Robin calls back smirking.
I can't help but laugh, "What? Did we make you laugh?" You hear that harrington, you made a girl laugh for once.
"Yeah Yeah very funny Robin" he replies clearly rolling his eyes.

I suddenly have a feeling that Spring break wasn't going to be that bad...

Hey guys you've reached the end if chapter 1. Hope you enjoyed ! I'll be sure to try my best too update as soon as I can until then have a great day/night