chapter eight

Chapter eight

We pull up to a clothing shop. No way we did all that driving for this?? "Where are we exactly?" Walker asks. "A store," Gracie says, getting out of the car.

We all follow her into the building. It's actually really pretty. The clothes seem decent, I guess.

"So...why did you keep this a surprise?" I question. "I don't know." Gracie shrugs, rubbing her hand across a brown crop top. I sigh, looking around awkwardly. Walker and I make eye contact for a second before I walk over to him.

"Hey," "Hey," He says, matching my energy. "Whatcha doing?" I ask. "Nothing," He shrugs. I nod, "Wanna go wait outside?" "Sure."

We walk back outside, hanging out to the side of the entrance. Maybe this will make Gracie and Ruth get done faster.

I rock back and forth on my feet while Walker leans against the side of the shop before a bunch of people comes up to us.

"Hi!" A girl exclaims. "Hi," Walker says. "Your acting in the Adam project was so good!" She stammers. "Thanks. I'm glad you liked it." The girl just stares at him while more people start crowding us. Everyone starts asking for autographs and whatnot. A few girls my age run up to us and literally shove me out of the way. Walker looks over one of their shoulders and mouths, 'Are you okay?' I nod.

Walker talks to some people for a minute or two before Ruth comes out.

"Oh, wow. It's like a whole parade out here." She makes her way over to Walker and shoos a few people away. She grabs his arm and pulls him over to me. "Paparazzi's probably gonna show up in a second. Don't do anything stupid.

We both nod, and she lets go of Walker's arm. Gracie steps out of the store with multiple bags of clothes.

"Good going guys. You summoned half the country." She says, walking to the car. Walker rolls his eyes.

"Welp, see ya." Ruth smiles, patting both of us on the shoulder. Gracie and her go back into the store, leaving Walker and me alone.

Suddenly cameras start flashing in our faces. A new group of people crowds around us as I shade my face from the flashing camera lights.

They start asking a bunch of questions I can barely understand. They're all talking over each other.

"Are you guys dating?" Somebody asks. "No. We're just friends." "That's what they all say." Another one says. "Well- I mean...you got me there." I laugh. "Can you tell us anything about Ride or Die?" "Not really," Walker says. "We don't know much ourselves. We haven't even started filming yet." "When is the release date?" "No idea," I say. "What are you guys doing here?" "Gracie and Ruth wanted to go shopping," I explain.

TIME SKIP,

"We have a table read tomorrow," Walker says. I roll off the couch and walk over to him. "I know. I got the email too." He nods, and I jump onto the bed. "Wanna watch a movie?" "Yes! Can we watch back to the future?" "Sure."

Walker grabs the remote, searching for the movie. I turn on my phone and take a selfie to post.

Instagram
• raelynn.darcy

Liked by graciegracie

Liked by graciegracie.kent and 100k others

raelynn.darcy today. @walker.scobell ... more

View all comments

user1 SO EXCITED TO WATCH RIDE OR DIE
~ liked by creator

user14 amazing photo

user2 ily 💖💞💓❣️😍
| raelynn.darcy ilymmm

user8 you and walker should date

user91 who is that?
| raelynn.darcy ur dad.

user13 walker 😍

user5 cant wait for ride or die

user17 you and walker are adorable
~ liked by creator

user26 love ur friendship with @walker.scobell
~ liked by creator

user9 perfect 😍

user that photo 😭

I shut off my phone, and Walker starts the movie. I lay down, glancing over at him. He quickly looked away. I smiled to myself and focus back on the film.

He's so freaking cute. I'm going to combust.

A/N

i hope u enjoyed this chapter! <33
vote + comment