v. A joker or two

FIVE,         a joker or two

     FOR AN EVENT named the Masquerade Ball Himari was expecting a more extravagant setting

     FOR AN EVENT named the Masquerade Ball Himari was expecting a more extravagant setting. Yes, the people were dressed formally with their fancy masks but it was lacking the spark a real Ball would have. There were no gowns, no grand rooms for dancing that had ceilings reaching the sky. Maybe, her expectations were set a bit too high, however, this would be the first event she would attend in years. She hoped for better next time around so hopefully Mystic Falls would deliver just that. She supposes It'll do for now. And anyway, she had other things to worry about... like making sure Katherine pulled her weight and stayed focused on the matter at hand, ergo getting the moonstone.

The vampire had already disappeared into the crowd in search of the Salvatores. Katherine knew the second she stepped foot into the Lockwood mansion, she was on her own. Himari would not take precautions to keep her safe and she made that very clear so Katherine needed backup. Another witch.

Now, of course, she didn't tell Himari about this. But Katherine needed security to feel at ease about whatever tricks Stefan and Damon had up their sleeves.

Himari was fully aware of the fact that there was another witch involved besides Bonnie. She felt the magic bouncing off the walls. It was unique in its own way and unavoidable and she knew it was Katherine's doing. She'd expect nothing less. She was under the impression that the Salvatores were going to be the only obstacles tonight. Unfortunately, things have become more complicated.

Himari's patience was being tested. Her anger slowly built up and reached its max. She settled on dealing with Katherine once and for all when this moonstone situation was over.

For the past half hour, she's been observing them. The Salvatores and the rest of their group. Himari knew they were nervous, perhaps even doubtful of their little plan not working out. Which was very probable. How could these people believe they had a chance against Klaus and not trust themselves with an opponent as minor as Katherine Pierce? They were doomed. The two brothers were tense and dare Himari say lacking confidence. Every single one of them was. It was a pitiful sight. Truly.