ix. Test of trust

NINE,        Test of trust

NINE, Test of trust

     IT WAS NO surprise Himari was desperate to find the Kitsune's heart now more than ever

     IT WAS NO surprise Himari was desperate to find the Kitsune's heart now more than ever. Slater's words continued to echo in her head. Klaus is going to want you. It taunted her as she grew hopeless by the second, searching and searching for something she might've missed in her old grimoires. It was all the same. Nothing had changed no matter how many times she checked. The temptation to call for Esther evolved from a lingering thought to the only solution in her eyes. It's a bad idea. She knows this. She didn't doubt that the original witch was going to want something in return. But if it meant she would be ahead of Klaus then so be it.

Consequences be damned.

She was prepared to do whatever was necessary to win.

So here she stood, in the home of Bonnie Bennett in hopes of hearing if the young witch discovered any new information.

Himari studied the room, it belonged to Bonnie. As soon as the Kitsune stepped foot into her home a warm feeling became evident at her core, the atmosphere was welcoming in a way she couldn't quite explain. Perhaps, it was the very golden string that tied all witches together. She followed Bonnie's figure walking back into the room, grimoires in hand. She spread them out on her neatly arranged bed, swiftly turning the pages with practiced familiarity.

Himari stepped closer to the bed, amidst the very few ancient writings, a particular drawing at the center of the page. Three jewels intricately intertwined, creating an illusion of a real heart. It wasn't exact, but close enough. Each jewel bore symbols— a radiant orb, the phases of the moon, and the elements. The sun, moon, and earth.

That was it. The Kitsune's heart.

Noticing Himari's interest in the drawing, Bonnie decided to speak up. "I was only able to find this... nothing else."

...About you.

"I see. Though that doesn't surprise me. " She said, seeming to be unbothered by the lack of information presented in front of her.