Devyn

I've never seen her like this before. She's so . . . Happy. Delia has never had a hint of excitement in her when it came to August. She always hates it because that meant school was about to start. She would complain and say that her whole month was ruined because of it. But right now she wants to go to the beach and celebrate school starting. I think she can tell though by the look in my face, that I'm severely confused.

"Come on Dev, I just wanna go to the beach and have fun" she said. "You never want to have fun when it's august. What is up with you recently. You've been over the moon happy and you're never like this" I said with suspicion. "Oh my god Devyn, why do you always have to be like this. I just wanna go to the beach so are you coming or not because of you don't wanna go then just say no!" She practically screamed at me. "Fine I'll go just let me change, jeez."

When we got to the beach I immediately felt out of place. I've never been friends with Delia's friends but she always pressuring me to do stuff with them. I should just be happy that she invites me, but sometimes I just with she didn't. Today is one of those times.

"What the hell is wrong with you Devyn. You've been sitting here pouting the whole time. Get off you're lazy ass and come join us." She said with a hint of anger in her voice. The alcohol must be getting to her because when I didn't answer she just scoffed and walked away on wobbly legs.

I'm laying on my towel tanning when all of a sudden I hear Delia scream, "Kayde, you're here!" I snap my head up to the sound of his name and find him smiling and waving at Delia. She doing the same back to him with a little sway in her hips, almost as if she's trying to flirt with him. Delia and I aren't super close but I know she respects me enough to not go after Kayde. In fact, I thought I told her to never talk about him yet here she is smiling and screaming his name.

It's not like I'm jealous or anything but part of me feels more betrayed than anything that my sister would do that to me. Kayde and I haven't talked since 5th grade. We used to be inseparable and completely in love with each other, or at least as in love as you can be in elementary school. He was the only person who wanted to be friends with me. None of the girls wanted to have sleepovers or shopping sprees with me. That was more Delia's crowd than mine. I just wanted one friends I could always count on, and when I met Kayde I knew he was gonna be the one. He ghosted me though when we got to middle school because he was too cool for me. He told the whole school all of my secrets that I had trusted him with and told everyone he only hung out with me because he felt bad. At first I believed him but as I got older I realized that that was never true. You can tell when someone wants to be around you, and when they are forced to. Kayde definitely wanted to be around me, but I never figured out what changed and why he said those things about me. Long story short, I was humiliated and heartbroken and I told my family to never talk about him again. They respected that, until now.