Chapter 2

i'm sorry but there is slight straight ppl smut, just a tad bit, like a very small paragraph. i just feel like all the queers need to be warned. trust me i didn't like writing it, i gagged as i wrote it.

"...My favorite quote from Amy Yao, a coxswain from St. Lawrence says everything you need to know about rowing. Rowers...can do it all, and they can do it well. Joining the rowing team will be the greatest decision you will ever make if you choose to accept the harsh realities of the sport. By doing so, you will understand the incalculable value of an indomitable spirit – and you will learn, above all, that your achievements in life are limited only by the magnitude of your drive to achieve them. Now, if Coach Diyoza thought you guys were good enough to recruit, I know you all won't let us down. I'm so glad to welcome you onto the team."

"Such a dumb fucking speech!"
"Anya, one lap around the field," Lexa said as she pointed to the baseball field across the street from the boathouse.
"But-"
"Two laps."
"Fuck you!"
"Three laps and you get to clean all the boats and oars."
"And this, newbies, is why you don't mess with the Commander," Luna said.

She knew why Anya did that. She knew Anya didn't mean any harm by it. Lexa knew that Anya did it to show what would happen if someone talked down to her. Anya did it so the new rowers knew their place, so they knew that Lexa was in charge when the coach wasn't there. Anya did it because she was Lexa's best friend, her roommate, her family.

Lexa and Anya had been friends for as long as they could remember. They had met in summer camp when they were five and had been irreparable ever since. Anya's parents were the reason Lexa was where she was today. They were the ones who showed her that rowing was more than just a sport. They were the ones who showed her the relaxing part of it. They were the ones who made her fall in love with rowing whether that be in a racing shell, a canoe, a kayak, or on a paddle board. Anya and her family had always been there for Lexa, even at her darkest times they were there. So, they both knew that after everyone left Lexa would help clean the boats and oars because she would never make Anya do it on her own. And Lexa did just that.

Later that day, after practice, when it was just the two of them and their doctor, Lexa and Anya washed the two eight shells that were used and the coxed four shell that was used. After they rinsed the blades of the oars and washed the grips.

"Guess what?" Anya said as she poked Lexa's sides, causing the brunette to squirm.
"Don't do that, you know I hate it."
"Guess what?"
"You have a crush on the new coxswain?"
"Raven? No, she's too- I don't know, she's just- no, I don't."
"You totally do."

"No, I don't. Besides, this isn't about me, this is about you and your little crush doctor blondie."
"I don't have a crush on her. She's attractive and I let her know, but I don't have a crush on her."
"Then I guess you don't care that she's giving the boys massages today and one of them had to go home early, so Abby said a free massage is up for grabs by her daughter."
"No, nope, totally don't care," Lexa said before making her way over to Abby.
"I guess I'll find another way home!" Anya yelled after the brunette.

Clarke had already done eight massages and was on her last one. Her hands were starting to cramp and she was starting to wish she had listened to her mother when she said ten full-body massages would be a lot in one day. Luckily one of the boys had to go home early and the last boy of the day was her boyfriend which meant she didn't need to try. Instead, she could just release any knots she found and then go home and take a bath with him.

"Come here, I have to tell you something?" Bellamy whispered.
"No one else is here, you don't need to whisper."
"Just come here."

She bent down, expecting the boy to whisper something in her ear, only to be pulled into a kiss. It was a messy kiss. The kind that weren't Clarke's favorite but she still went with it. She went with it until she felt one of his hands move to her butt and squeeze.