2

Kira woke to the smell of something amazing, something she hadn't smelt in a long time,"Bacon!" she cried out happily. She swung herself out of her cot, and bounded down the stairs two at a time. When she reached the bottom, she was grabbed from behind! She squealed loudly and squirmed out of Her attackers firm grip. She turned, ready to fight to the death, when she saw her so called attacker was Emelio. "Come on Emelio," she moaned teasingly, "you can't do that to a girl who is on her way to some bacon!"
"Which you can thank me for by the way," said Emelio, "I was out raiding and recruting, And I found a pack laying on the ground with supplies in it."
"And I thank you for that." said Kira, with a mock bow.  Emelio scooped her up and flung her over his shoulder like she was a sack of potatoes. The 16 year old Latino was extremely strong.

As they neared the kitchen, the overpowering aroma of breakfast washed over them like a warm and comforting blanket. Kira hopped down off Emelio's shoulder to give her sister a peck on the cheek and a smile. Lillith smiled back, and ruffled Kira's dark brown hair. Kira stuck out her tounge, and hopped over to the small fire where the food was cooking. She approached the chef Donna and asked when breakfast was going to be ready. "I've just got to finish the eggs and we should be ready." was the gruff reply she got. Donna was a big girl. He had lank red hair, and grey eyes, she was medium sized for her age (about 14) and burly. She didn't have the greatest personality Kira thought as she grabbed a plate off of the counter and sat down on a swivel chair, but she sure can cook.