02 | Wangsheng Ice Cream Date

A hot and sticky Saturday always leaves you feeling lazy and out of touch with reality

A hot and sticky Saturday always leaves you feeling lazy and out of touch with reality. Having Xiao next to you, reciting the criteria of the science work you were supposed to meet for the fifth time was not helping at all. Your surroundings were filled with bustling cafes and sun rays blocking your sight of everything else. Picking an open mall was not the brightest idea of being a place to study, you thought.

"Listen, if you really wanted us to fail, you wouldn't have come here" He sighed, "The least you could do is write the title".

You yawned, "How can I write anything if I can't see anything?"

Well, it's not like it was your fault. Your apartment was going through a depression room era and the place Xiao was staying at was apparently out of the question, so you decided on choosing another study spot. Looking around, trying to get back into the zone, you noticed how most girls who passed by kept looking at Xiao for an uncomfortably long amount of time.

Absentmindedly, you looked at Xiao's features, trying to see what the other girls were looking at. You were wearing a white cardigan with strawberry prints and a pair of high-waist wide-leg jeans, of course topped with doc-martens.

Xiao on the other hand, was wearing a black turtleneck, a brown coat, a black hat, a black mask, black pants and a pair of super dark-tinted glasses. It was as if he was trying to blend in as much as possible, but the clothes backfired and made him stand out even more.

"Aren't you hot in that? It's like, 90 degrees" You said before you thought

"I am, but" Xiao closed the textbook "It doesn't matter. What matters is we finish this"

Suddenly you had a thought, "Fine, but can we at least get some ice cream? It'll help re-freshen us. I promise I'll actually do work after!"

Before Xiao could answer, you grabbed his hand and dragged him around until you found a cute and colourful ice cream parlour called Wangsheng Gelato Parlour - delectables for living and dead.

"Y/n, I really can't be here-" The emo boy was interrupted by you as you took his tinted glasses off of him and placed them onto your head. You gazed at his amber eyes. It was a beautiful contrast to the dark clothing he was wearing, like the moon in the night-time sky. His red eyeliner felt familiar and his gold-hued eyes slightly squinted from the bright beam of sunlight, making it glint like a pair of polished coins.

"You should show off your eyes more! It's really pretty!" You grin. Xiao's eyes widened before he looked away from you, flustered. Even though this boy can be such a jackass, this moment made you feel something. A spark to a firecracker, Yoimiya had said to her.

Xiao didn't exactly have a choice, so he decided to comply. Walking towards the counter, they were met by an auburn-haired girl with a playful smirk.

"Welcome to Wangsheng Parlour! What can I get ya today?" Hu Tao smiled. You looked at the menu. "Two scoops of hazelnut and white chocolate ice cream please!" You said, and waited for Xiao to decide on on his order.

 "I'll get the almond frozen yoghurt".

As you two sat down, an awkward silence stretched between the both of you. You listened to the conversations around you, most conversations boring your mind to the core. One of the conversation topics was about that one infamous boy band yet again, 4NEMO.

"Idols can be so annoying sometimes" You groaned and extended your hand out on the table.

This surprised Xiao, "You hate idols?"

"Well I don't hate them. I just hate most of them. And their fans. They can be so obsessive, it's weird"

"True" Xiao started, "Some fans can't control themselves, I wouldn't blame the idols though"

After saying that, a light blue-haired boy with ice-like eyes presented two beautiful sets of cold delicious treats. You beamed at the sight as you prepared to dig in. Xiao only stared at you wolfing down your ice cream.

Suddenly, a phone call rang from Xiao's pocket.

"Hello?" Xiao answered.

"Xiao, it's Jean. We need you here as soon as possible, it's an emergency."

You watched his expression, puzzled at what the phone call may be for until the call finally finished, his dessert untouched.

"I have to go. Do at least some of the work. I'll pay you."

You sat there, dumbfounded as he left the building- with you, the two scoops of ice cream and an unwanted frozen yoghurt. You forgot that he was still a peculiar and distant jackass, and you weren't the only one who forgot something. You grabbed the pair of glasses from your head.

"What a weird guy"

A/N

810 words in 2 hours, not bad huh? Why do you guys think that y/n doesn't like idols? I'd love to hear!