12 | Biker's Lane

A moment of barking for this beautiful photo.

My skin has been cleared.

My grades have risen from the dead.

Okay continue,

Sorry, we're closed

The sign read, letters in a messy cursive, words white in a plain mahogany background outside of Naganohara Fireworks. It was too late for both of the boys, it seemed, the sky's orange dimming as blue took over.

Kazuha brung his hand to rest on his chin, "Tomorrow, then?"

"Alright"

___

You were in a moment of solitude, amongst the tides of classmates frantically preparing for their science presentations due only in a couple days. The chair belonging to your project partner lied empty, faint marks left from the years of use.

Where had Xiao been? It seemed so.. boring now that you were so used to his presence. Every time you glanced at him from the corner of your eye, every part of him seemed to shine. His silver rings, his intricate jewelry, his polished-to-black nails, his.. face.

Each student took their seat as the bell repeatedly hummed it's usually annoying tune. Another dull day, a thousand thoughts in your mind yet, not a single one ever staying in your memory.

Oh, how you wished it was the weekend again- Yoimiya and you scouting the mall for the perfect items and outfits to bring to the 4NEMO concert.

You realized, a lot has changed since winter break- still unsure whether for the better or worse. Of course, new people had entered your life unexpectedly, and so did old friends. But the most unexpected person was definitely Xiao, a random boy from your new class that sung melodies that of an angel.

A boy who couldn't seem to bake, a boy who loved the texture of almond tofu gelatin. A boy, you realized, then and there, you liked- still unsure whether romantically or not. He didn't particularly do anything to you, so why? Why did you like him so much? What was.. wrong with you?

"Miss Y/n."

A nasal voice- you snapped from your thoughts as you came face-to-face with the science teacher and flushed from embarrassment. How long had you been zoning out?

You hid your face, shielding it with your arms as if you were dozing off, "I- Sorry, teacher"

"It's alright, Y/n" The teacher sighed, "Make sure to get better sleep next time, you look sickly"

During the rest of the evening, the world blurred. Remembering before winter break, how quiet everything was, how plain and uninteresting everything seemed to be for you made you think to yourself that maybe all the things that happened has been for the better.