Chapter 7 * The Dance

It's Saturday, the day I've been looking forward to for weeks

It's Saturday, the day I've been looking forward to for weeks. Diana came over to my house to get ready for Homecoming. William and Chris are meeting us here, and we're all going to drive to the dance together.

Diana and I did each other's hair and makeup. She curled my hair and pinned it up, leaving well-placed loose strands down to frame my face. I arranged Diana's hair into a tight ballerina bun strategically placed at the crown of her head. We both wore minimal makeup—shimmery eyeshadow and bronzer on our cheeks. The darkness of our mascara finished our look.

We carefully slipped our dresses over our heads while doing our best not to mess up our hard work. The doorbell rang as we put on our jewelry finishing our glamorous appearance.

Twirling around, I glanced at Diana, who was double-checking herself in the mirror. "You know, Diana, I think you were spot on when you told me that William won't be able to keep his hands off me."

"Hell, yeah, I was right. Just look at yourself, Nicole. You're going to have every guy at the dance drooling over you," she responds, so proud of herself you'd think she had just won a damn award.

I smiled and softly replied, "The only guy I want drooling over me is William."

Diana looks at me knowingly. "Let's wait a couple of minutes before making our grand entrance."

We giggled and stood there a few moments before walking down the staircase like we were on the red carpet of a movie premiere. Diana went first, then I followed. When my eyes met William's, I smiled. His eyes were big as saucers, and his mouth dropped open. Mission accomplished!

William was incredibly handsome in his pale pink shirt, matching my dress. He paired it with a gray blazer, blue pants, and a blue and pink floral tie. I knew without a doubt that I would be unable to keep my hands or eyes off him this evening.

Chris' red tie and vest matched Diana perfectly. They made an adorable couple.

We walk over to our men, and my parents start taking pictures promising everyone to send them to their parents. After about 20 minutes, they finally let us leave.

Once in the car, Diana turned to William, smirking. "Good luck keeping your hand off of her."

William takes my hand and leans over to me, whispering, "You look gorgeous. I'm afraid Diana is right, don't plan on my hands leaving you alone the rest of the night."

I wink at him and say, "Likewise, handsome."

We arrived at the packed dance with dressed-up students looking incredibly out of place in the school's gymnasium. The music is thumping with 80's rock to go with the retro theme of the dance.

The four of us make our way toward the beverage table. The guys pour us punch and hand the plastic cups to Diana and me. With the crowds of students surrounding us, it wasn't an easy task.